Author Topic: age  (Read 20260 times)

Offline drake hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: age
« Reply #30 on: Jan 23, 2013, 05:11 PM »
As long as you can keep them warm take them now. 

Offline Fatfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Mar 14, 2013, 07:03 AM »
I started my oldest son at 4 and he now takes me,he is now 28. One thing you have to do is help him to fish. Don't go and expect to get a lot of fishing done,when you first take him or her. I will come just like the other guys posted, they will love it.They will catch on real fast. A little patience goes a long way.   Jerry

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 19, 2013, 04:15 PM »
We started taking them when they were 5.  By that time, they could be counted on to say, "I need to pee," they could be counted on to actually do that (restroom duties) in an unusual circumstance, and they could and would accurately say, "my left foot is cold," etc.

As we neared the fishing spot, the oldest child would pass out the hand warmers, body warmers, and toasti-toes, and they would all be pre-warmed.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline TJ427

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:16 AM »
Take them out as soon as you can if even just for an hour. I took my son out a few times when he has 2-1/2, always had a shack and a heater. When he was 3-1/2 he went with every time I went out and would spend lots of time outside fishing or playing and would go in the shack to warm up. When he was 4-1/2 he was stubborn(his mother said he got that from me) and wanted to bate his own hook and take most of his fish off. Now he's 19 and all grown up so we don't get to fish together as much as we use to. Don't wait and teach them right.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.