New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Re: Sacandaga/Saratoga  (Read 1021 times)

Offline VDueslerIV

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FILL THE STRINGER!!!!
Re: Sacandaga/Saratoga
« on: Jan 17, 2007, 06:29 PM »
How do ya like that pike...dang valves..gonna make it rough to get out..you fish down near the bay across from mtn rd right..that bay looked solid though
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a shanty, jig and drink beer all day. ”

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2007, 10:25 PM »
If they keep it at a certain depth and keep it there. unlike last year when they kept it going up and down and made the shore like s@#*. Hope to get out on the great Sacandaga with the Shanty this year even it's middle off feb.

Offline Pike an Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Dead Sea 04"
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2007, 05:18 AM »
How do ya like that pike...dang valves..gonna make it rough to get out..you fish down near the bay across from mtn rd right..that bay looked solid though

Yes checked the ice last night, The bay (sunset)across from the old boyd's shop had 2. 5 " and by mountain rd it had about 2 "

Offline VDueslerIV

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FILL THE STRINGER!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2007, 06:24 AM »
Yes checked the ice last night, The bay (sunset)across from the old boyd's shop had 2. 5 " and by mountain rd it had about 2 "

Very Nice i went to the honey hole up by the campsite ..froze all the way across..gonna check it out there friday morn i think..hoping to get in the shanty and fish there this weekend..thanx for the update
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a shanty, jig and drink beer all day. ”

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Re: Sacandaga/Saratoga
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2007, 08:41 AM »
Hrm... perhaps the dead sea this weekend??? Keep us posted on that ice will ya V?
I generally depart at the campsite as well...

Offline dodger11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2007, 12:26 PM »
somebody is out there in Sunset Bay, wounder who that could be Hmmmmmm??????? ;)

Offline dodger11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2007, 02:35 PM »
yeah I heard 4" at the spillway too..BTW, anyone heard if there are gonna be any tourneys hosted on the pond in February? and someone was drilling holes at the end of MTN road this morning..Wounder who that could be! :)

Offline GiddyUpNFish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2007, 06:19 PM »
Sacandaga is completely iced over finally!!!!!  Nothing I would walk out on, but it is locked up!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.