Author Topic: I hate it when...  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Logan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "Ling King"
I hate it when...
« on: Jan 17, 2007, 06:25 AM »
You wake up at 4:45am to get ready to leave to go to your favorite fishing lake, get everything by the door, make a  pot of coffee, get dressed and put your boots open the door and BOOM, outside there is more snow than even Pablo Escobar has seen...and the roads the whole way are ice covered according to the AMA road reports. Funny last night the weather man claimed today would be sunny & clear with a high of -6C. *****. Oh well try again on Friday when there is supposed to be a high pressure system comming through. I guess thats one great thing about being a seasonal construction worker, if one winter day gets lost due to weather I got nothing but time on the next day.
My wife told me that if I go ice fishing again she'll leave me. God, I'm going to miss her! :D

Offline pizalm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
Re: I hate it when...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2007, 04:51 PM »
The roads weren't to bad today, then again I left the house at 11 for class. :P
pour me another one, I'm finished with the other one

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2007, 05:05 PM »
You wake up at 4:45am to get ready to leave to go to your favorite fishing lake, get everything by the door, make a  pot of coffee, get dressed and put your boots open the door and BOOM, outside there is more snow than even Pablo Escobar has seen...and the roads the whole way are ice covered according to the AMA road reports. Funny last night the weather man claimed today would be sunny & clear with a high of -6C. *****. Oh well try again on Friday when there is supposed to be a high pressure system comming through. I guess thats one great thing about being a seasonal construction worker, if one winter day gets lost due to weather I got nothing but time on the next day.
I hate it when central Michigan has a storm and know tommorrow when the storm is over I still don't have enough ice to go fishing. Should have enough ice by Fri though.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2007, 06:01 PM »
 >:( I hear yah. Sunday I got up at 4:30 and loaded everything up.Started my jeep and went to the can to take care of some biz. Got all bundled up and hopped in the jeep to find that the tranny was froze.NO REVERSE >:( Fired up the atv to pull it backwards and after that had warmed up I tried the jeep again and it worked.Finally got on the ice,fished for 2 hrs and got sick,terrible stomach issues.Locked the shack door and went home for a coupkle hrs and when I got back out there ,it hit me again!!! Toughed it out for 5 more hrs and went home to bed. I hate it when that happens on my only day off for the next 10 days.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2007, 06:23 PM »
I hear ya. My 4 year old grandson lives with my wife and I and he just got over the flu. My wife got it the night before last. I guess I'm the lucky one so far. I felt so sorry for the poor little guy.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2007, 06:29 PM »
Hear in Michigan it was going around a month ago , grand kids ,then wife, then me lucky, there was no ice at the time !
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.