Author Topic: Colored camera  (Read 1355 times)

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
Colored camera
« on: Jan 16, 2007, 02:31 PM »
Has anyone tried the colored cameras yet??  If so how do you like them compared to the black and white.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: Colored camera
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:45 AM »
Anyone that has been swimming under water with their eyes open or looked down a hole in a dark shanty knows well enough that everything is pretty much the same color. Color underwater cameras are bordering on retarded. Just a waste of money. Interesting concept but just not practical.

:tipup:

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:54 AM »
Anyone that has been swimming under water with their eyes open or looked down a hole in a dark shanty knows well enough that everything is pretty much the same color. Color underwater cameras are bordering on retarded. Just a waste of money. Interesting concept but just not practical.

Thanks! I thought that this might be true when I bought my 2nd camera last year while my wife and I were talking wheather to buy color or b&w. About the only time I use my camera is in the pop up perch fishing. A person can learn a lot about fish with a camera.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:20 PM »
EH -
I checked out that possibility before I went with the Aqua Vu but all the illustrations I saw showed the same thing, varying shades of green. I'm sure some day that's all that will be available but for now I'll stick with the black & white and the Vexilar combination.
I see you're from Alma, have you been over to Rock Lake on M46 yet?

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:14 PM »
EH -
I checked out that possibility before I went with the Aqua Vu but all the illustrations I saw showed the same thing, varying shades of green. I'm sure some day that's all that will be available but for now I'll stick with the black & white and the Vexilar combination.
I see you're from Alma, have you been over to Rock Lake on M46 yet?

Nope, but talked to a friend that lives there today.  So far fishing not good at all.  They are getting a few over to Crystal.  Going there wed. hope to do better then Mon. Only one bite 5 hrs.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Good luck to ya. Let us know how much ice there is.

8)

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2007, 07:30 PM »
Good luck to ya. Let us know how much ice there is.

8)
  Crystal has 6" in 20' of water.  Stay away from the East side of the island, swans are keeping it open.  Catching perch on W side.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2007, 08:41 AM »
I'll probably be on Crystal Lake Saturday morning this week. If there's space I'll set up the DX 3000 south of the island to see what the perch are doing to start out. Play it by ear from there!

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2007, 09:25 AM »
I'll probably be on Crystal Lake Saturday morning this week. If there's space I'll set up the DX 3000 south of the island to see what the perch are doing to start out. Play it by ear from there!

I normally don't do much weekend fishing being retired,but with such a late start I will this year.  Besides I need to make a short trip to Florida to see a sick uncle.  Cutting wood with my son this weekend.   Good fishing.

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:13 PM »
In one of the MIRC Wasssup threads there is a link to INCOGNITOS home made color underwater camera and i would love to have a color one but they are soooo much money...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.