Author Topic: Marcum VS Camera?  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Big E

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marcum VS Camera?
« on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:50 PM »
Anyone have a Marcum VS 460 or 560 camera and can comment on them?  I'm trying to decide between one of those and perhaps the Scout 2 with DVR.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Marcum VS Camera?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:03 AM »
I bought the Marcum VS350 got it home and it didn't work. So I returned the VS350 and bought a Scout 2. The Scout 2 is a much nicer unit as well as being a better quality unit than the VS350. Go with the Aquaview. ;)

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2007, 05:15 PM »

I have the 560 and so far it's great. No need to twist the cable to angle the camera and it has auto pan.

After I use it another dozen or so times .. to check for bugs ... I'll do a review.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Big E

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2007, 05:45 PM »
That would be awesome LW.  One question for you....do you think all the bells and whistles of the 560 justifies the hefty price tag?

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2007, 08:43 PM »
I have used the 360 and 560. The 360 I broke when my sleigh hitch broke and my sleigh went head over heels. I replaced it with a 560 to see how it was. I loved it. It worked great, was very clear, and the remote to turn the camera and stuff was nice. Then one day it didnt work....I sent it back and got another one shipped in.....That one didnt turn on and the camera didnt turn. I got my money back and I havent looked at buying one since. I hope they have improved them and I will look again to buy one next year. I really liked the rotating camera.

Robin

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:09 PM »
Yea I own the 560 and I love it...Absolutely love the fact that you dont have to twist the cable around...and some may think the lights are dumb...but as far as i have seen the fish pay no attention to it...you checked that out yet LW???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.