Author Topic: Any really good new gear?  (Read 1002 times)

Offline diehard22

• IceShanty Rookie
Any really good new gear?
« on: Jan 15, 2007, 06:08 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has picked up anything brand new on the market as far as ice fishing gear goes and your humble opinion on it.
Rain, sun, sleet, snow grab the minnows and let's go!

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Any really good new gear?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2007, 07:04 PM »
I'll let you know in about 7-10 days...we'll be able to use our stuff by then...Go Team NY ;D

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2007, 07:22 PM »
I got a Vex FL20 for Christmas...not dramatically different from other Vex's, but it is a huge improvement over the Zercom Clearwater Pro that is now my backup / secondary flasher (for the wife or a friend who may come along).

I also picked up the Nature Vision Pack Shack this year.  It isn't very heavy duty, and is kind of bulky, but the chair is nice and wide, and it is a light, easy way to get out of the wind.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:14 PM »
got a S-load of stuff still waiting to use it: New I.D.I. cold weather enseble
                                                          Frabill speed shack cub
                                                          Vexilar FL-18 Ultra
                                                          Mr. Heater Buddy
                                                          one more Heritage Laker Tip up to complete set of 5 
                                                          And my I.S. militia gold package gear
  and now i need tobuy one of those harbor freight tralers for $180 to haul all my gear in  :-\

Snot Rocket................ Now need ice....maybe 1 week or so
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:53 AM »
I got a new Clam Yukon, a Vex FL8 ultra pack and 2 nature vision jigging tip ups.  I have not had a chance to use them yet.  When i do, I will let you know.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Frabill Ice Alarm
They are great.

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline njsimonson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Panfish are the new walleyes
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:00 AM »
I am really enjoying my new FL-20 Ultrapack.  Clear, crisp resolution down to -10 degrees so far.  I like the Autozoom Mode and the flat-screen monitor. 

I also have a set of those Artic System gloves.  Very nice for jigging and a good one-two punch for heat retention in my fingers and hands.

The Frabil Tip-up Sirens are pretty sweet too. No more missed flags, just because you can't see them!
Born to fish, forced to go to work and think about fishing and talk about fishing with coworkers.

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Just got an Automatic Icefisherman at Gander Mountain. Will be trying it out in about a week and a half. Will be sure to post results from it.

I have been hunting or fishing almost everyday of my life. The rest have been wasted.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.