Author Topic: First "Skunk" of the year  (Read 1067 times)

Offline TERRA-MAN

• IceShanty Rookie
First "Skunk" of the year
« on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:48 PM »
I had my first Skunk of the year on Saturday.  I get the chance to fish Pasqua at least twice a week.  Nothing showed up on the camera all afternoon.  I am in 20 feet of water and am thinking on moving the shack deeper to try and get the perch and walleye.  Any suggestions on depth ?, did anybody have luck on Pasqua this past weekend?

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
Re: First "Skunk" of the year
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2007, 09:37 PM »
I had my first Skunk of the year on Saturday.  I get the chance to fish Pasqua at least twice a week.  Nothing showed up on the camera all afternoon.  I am in 20 feet of water and am thinking on moving the shack deeper to try and get the perch and walleye.  Any suggestions on depth ?, did anybody have luck on Pasqua this past weekend?

I personally wouldn't look deeper TERRA-MAN...

I would look between the 10-14 ft instead.  Last weekend I was fishing in 8ft [granted, different lake], my grandpa and I caught our limit of pike.

I generally work from deep to shallow when locating winter 'eyes & perch.

If nothing is showing up at 20' I wouldn't go any deeper...

Hope this helps,

shawno  8)

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2007, 12:02 AM »
i would disagree with the previous post, this time of year over half the people i know move their shacks to 30+ft. of water for perch and walleye but i have seen more walleyes come up in 10-25ft. i work my way out from shallow water to deeper water and find it very productive. just my $0.2

Offline TERRA-MAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2007, 07:27 AM »
Thanks for the tips, I'll try both this weekend

Offline TERRA-MAN

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: First "Skunk" of the year( Deeper was definitly the ticket!)
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:15 AM »
Moved the shack deeper and had a great afternoon on Saturday.  Kept 5 jumbo perch and a 21.5 inch walleye.  Threw back 4 perch and 3 walleye. I am now in 29 feet of water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.