Author Topic: Pikerel Stole A Rod... but we caught it 1/2 hour later What A LAugh  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
I was running to a guys rod and it was in a holder but the fish pulled it right down the hole when i was about 10 feet away.  So we fished and 30 mins go by my tip up goes off aboutr 20 yds from his hole, i pulled it up to find my hook attached to a line i borught up his rod and his fish it was pretty funny.  then i broke one off and a little later that day he caught a fish with about 2 feet on tip-up line and my hook in it's mouth so we had an even trade day HAHAA!!

Offline bigfish_1556

• Team IceShanty Regular
We were fishing tip ups for lakers one day in about 120-130 fow.  My buddy was paying more attention to his beer than his jigging pole, and bloop, down it goes. Bout 10 mins. later, my flags start going off, on after the other.......thought we hit a big *ss school.........wouldn't you know it, that darn fish pulled a big contorted circle around all 5 of my tip up lines........needless to say there was a LOT of cussing and retying going on, what a mess!!!!!
"A man is only as big as that which makes him angry" -Adlai Stevenson

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
120 to 130 ft. of water ... wow ... thats deep.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
we had a fish two years ago ..felt huge..we were fighting it forever the line was so tight we just held on and tried to tire the fish out a bit to bring him in ..after about 15 mins of fighting the fish i strolled over and just happend to look down next to me at one of our cusk lines..the line was off to the side ..turns out the salmon got wraped around the cusk line ..felt huge but ..just a reg old salmon lol

Catch A Buzz

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
rofl thats great! those hungry little buggers
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
You said his fish?? Technically it would be your fish,since you iced it. ;D
What about the rod FINDERS KEEPERS?? :whistle: >:D ;D
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
You said his fish?? Technically it would be your fish,since you iced it. ;D
What about the rod FINDERS KEEPERS?? :whistle: >:D ;D
;D I was jigging with a friend a few years back for lakers in about 110 FOW and I had a hit, and a few seconds later so did my buddy, turns out he snagged my fish, and boy, what fun that was getting the fish on the ice, I'm surprised we were able to after fighting a bit in the shanty as to which hole to bring it up lol
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
that is a stroke of good luck to bad you didnt play the lottery that day :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.