The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Northeastern Lower Peninsula Ice Conditions  (Read 6154 times)

flockshot

Re: Northeastern Lower Peninsula Ice Conditions
« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2007, 07:17 AM »
its still a touch early..im think possibly by today and probably by the end of this weekend there will definintly be safe ice up there.

im expecting to hear a few stories from my buddy who works at the white lake fire dept. , ten to one somebody tries to go out like the day the lake freezes and falls through.

Offline USMarine1171

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2007, 06:48 PM »
Well, I made it up this weekend.  The guys I was with and myself scoped out a couple shallower lakes in the area of Atlanta.  Started at DeCheau Lake and it was maybe 2in.  So we decided to head over to Alpena and fish the Thunder Bay....with no luck.  Sunday we headed to the even shallower Grass Lake...THERE WAS 4in...halleleuyah!!!(don't know how to spell it)  So we got to fish but didn't get anything.  However, I caught a HUUUUUUUUGE buzz! ;D

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #32 on: Jan 18, 2007, 03:36 PM »
shore ice on pontiac lake is good and solid.  right at shore lol, i walked out about 20 ft, ice appeared to be about 21/2 inches or so.  god i hope we dont get a foot of snow dumped on us...union is pretty well vcovered from what i could see, thats always a good sign
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

flockshot

« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2007, 03:41 PM »
shore ice on pontiac lake is good and solid.  right at shore lol, i walked out about 20 ft, ice appeared to be about 21/2 inches or so.  god i hope we dont get a foot of snow dumped on us...union is pretty well vcovered from what i could see, thats always a good sign
union is no where near safe.lol. about an inch as of last night..but covered..if the snow stays light..we will be alright.lol

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2007, 03:49 PM »
union is no where near safe.lol. about an inch as of last night..but covered..if the snow stays light..we will be alright.lol
i sure as he11 hope so lol.  atleast theres some ice, now watch us get buried under 1 foot of snow, i think ill snap if that happens   :o
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

flockshot

« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2007, 03:50 PM »
supposed to be windy as hell tomorrow though..so it should be alright..it'll stay off the ice.

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #36 on: Jan 19, 2007, 04:57 PM »
saw 2 groups of guys fishing on white lake today, straight out from the bar, near the island.   ;D  oh yeah
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 19, 2007, 05:25 PM »
supposed to be windy as hell tomorrow though..so it should be alright..it'll stay off the ice.

I should have done the same, that wind got so strong that I thought I would sail to Canada  :o :o :o
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline moose63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 2007, 08:12 AM »
Fletchers might be froze but black bass bay on grand lake will probably be froze by this weekend
I'm fixin to come up for a week on the ice. hows the ice over on walloon lake or around the area ? be up next weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.