Author Topic: Found In Fisherman Ice Guide 2004 at Walmart  (Read 3750 times)

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
Found In Fisherman Ice Guide 2004 at Walmart
« on: Nov 01, 2003, 05:26 AM »
There was a post earlier about if the new In Fisherman Ice guide 2004 was out yet. I stopped in a Walmart in Somerset PA, they had stacks of them in hunting/fishing department magazine rack. So if you have a local Walmart you may want to give it a check. I think they may have just stocked them. Very good magazine again this year, I always like the In Fisherman Yearly Ice Guides.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:Found In Fisherman Ice Guide 2004 at Walmart
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2003, 11:14 AM »
I looked the other day and my wally world did not have them yet. Am going now to larger walmert. Tommorrow Im going global to find the ice guide. It had better be good.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2003, 02:19 PM »
Finally picked up my copy yesterday while at the Fishin' Hole buying bait.  We had 5 degrees two nights in a row so I'm anticipating needing that bait soon if it stays cold.  Checked the local reservoir this morning.  Was ice about ten feet out from shore...

This year's ice guide is awesome, as always.  I have a copy coming in the mail but I couldn't help myself had to buy it...

Offline jdm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2003, 06:08 PM »
I found mine yesterday at Kroger, They had them before my walmart did.

Offline Sturge1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2003, 07:40 PM »
Found it read it and wonder did they fire all the of the good writers? Seems to me like this years was a bit weak regarding content on the fishing articles. Anyone wondering what is happening to the In-fisherman?
Sturge

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2003, 08:02 PM »
Yeah I been wondering with the regular Infisherman but was hoping with an entire year to prepare the Ice guide would be good. Regular Infisherman sometimes is nothing but: If you buy more and more and more, you have to catch more fish. Best article they have had in a long time is that one recently about not fish Smallies during spawn. Some good stuff in there but you have to dig a bit more.
Heres is one thing they said I couldnt stand. It was about slip bobbering leeches. This writer claimed that this feller he fished with sometimes lets the walleye take the bobber under for a whole minute before setting the hook. And then he never misses a hit. OF COURSE NOT. A fish cannot spit the hook if its in his belly button.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Panfish2

« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2003, 09:56 PM »
Anyone wondering what is happening to the In-fisherman?

Yeah, it's called PRIMEDIA Sturge. A big conglomerate what's buying up all the smaller outdoor publications. We used to have an excellent outdoor publication here in PA called Pennsylvania Sportsman.

The editor was Ben Moyer, and I really liked that magazine. PRIMEDIA took it over, and for the remainder of my subscription I received another magazine which I didn't like at all.

January past, I subscribed to the In-Fisherman for a year. Didn't know it was owned by PRIMEDIA until I received my first issue. Noticed it was not the old I-F, so I checked the small print what reveals who's publishing it. Yep, PRIMEDIA.

My last issue will arrive sometime soon I guess, and I will not be renewing my subscription. Heck, I've learned more good stuff about panfishin' in the few weeks I've been on this message board than I've learned all year with I-F, so why spend the money?  

Offline crappieloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • nnnnn......Ice
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2003, 01:19 AM »
Panfish 2, yeah yer absoluty right PA.&NY Sportman were both excellent mags. Now they are just good for the bottom of the bird cage.

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2003, 03:57 PM »
Looked at wallyworld, Rightaid, Waldenbooks, but still could not find it >:(  Is there anywhere you can order it online or should i just be patient and hope it finally shows up?

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2003, 04:14 PM »
Smeltshack,
I just ordered mine online @ http://www.in-fisherman.com/magazine/guides/ig2004/ :)
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline bud

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • never put off till tom. what you can catch today!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2003, 06:32 PM »
i did too and got an e-maol back that they are behind on printing and it will be sent as soon as possible.
BUD

Offline crappieloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • nnnnn......Ice
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2003, 09:16 PM »
 Whew, i just drove down to a big grocery store to buy some dinner and some brown bottles and found it. I think that any big supermarket should have it. I was bummed out the other day when Gander Mountain didn't have it :(

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #12 on: Nov 08, 2003, 11:16 PM »
got mine from Fleet Farm last night.  Read most of it already.  I liked last years guide better.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.