Author Topic: Run away auger  (Read 19722 times)

Offline Sledgod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Run away auger
« Reply #30 on: Dec 09, 2008, 02:05 PM »
I helped my cousin build his house about 5 years ago and we were using his dads 30 year old Jiffy 6" to drill holes in the dirt for for the wraparound deck.  He drills about 4 holes when I decided to give him a rest so he tells me to really hold on to the thing because it wants to rip out of your grip...well I'm thinking whatever 'cuzin I got this no problem...the next thing I now I'm holding my hand in pain and the auger is still running and spinning...finally quit after 30-40 seconds but we had a good laugh about it...thankfully I didn't break anything except my ego. 

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 21, 2008, 06:34 PM »
The stories are great I laugh and hope it never happens to me

I only have one auger story my strikemaster is revving high one year so when you lay it down on the ice it does circles. So after drilling a hole I place it down away from me next thing I know it whacks me in the calf sending me to my butt. And off course my buddies laugh and laugh at the vengeful auger  :laugh:

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline bruce21m

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ITS MILLER TIME
« Reply #32 on: Dec 27, 2008, 07:32 AM »
We had a friend in high school who had one of the one arm bandetts from jiffy. He thought this thing was the fast cutting auger ever. I had just boughten a new jiffy  so he wanted to race to see who could five holes the quickest. It was for bait for the season i thought well this should be funny. Well we got 3 holes into to and he took the handle right into the face and broke 4 teeth. Never laugh so hard in my life. We asked him why he had his face so close to the auger. He said the blade was bad and he wanted to put his weight on it. He went out and bought a new one two days later after his face got better. Should have seen the store owner when he told him what happend. He even gave him a free blade for the auger so it wouldnt happen again. :laugh: :laugh:

Offline camocrazy82

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 12, 2009, 06:45 AM »
 :thumbsup: :clap: Thats good stuff! I think I will stick with my hand auger now!

Offline BUSTNDUX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2009, 04:41 AM »
My Grandpa just gave me one of those older single handle jiffy augers...I'm not sure if I want to use it now! :laugh: :laugh:

Offline stormtrooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 13, 2009, 09:27 PM »
I guess that is why it is important to remember to read the manual and be fanmiliar with a power tool before using it.I like watching idiots riding around with their 3 yr. old and a beer in the hand while on the tractor mowing the lawn.Like it's a toy. :cookoo:

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 14, 2009, 10:42 AM »
 When my old Jiffy stuck in the ice going wide open somehow the starter rope with the big mitten grip handle flies out. It's whipping around so fast and theres no way I can reach the machine to shut it off with the rope and handle spinning with it. After 30-40 seconds it shut off.  Fortunately nobody got hurt other than some hurt feelings I had when some guys a short distance away came to help and couldn't help but laugh.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline isthereiceyet89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "the Green Hornet strikes again!!!"
« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2010, 09:58 AM »

Offline hillmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 10, 2010, 12:19 PM »
I had a friend who was an emt one day he got a call when he was at my house about and ice auger injery.  When he got back he said a woman fell on the auger blade and it sliced her from her chest to her pubic bone he said it was like in the book "whare the red fern grows" whare they had to pack the dogs guts back inside after being attacked.  I have awalys seen augers diffrently since then.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #39 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:16 AM »
That auger may have been a Toyota on the recall list ...

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #40 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:38 AM »
Classic story Sherk!

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #41 on: Feb 20, 2010, 10:43 PM »
I had a friend who was an emt one day he got a call when he was at my house about and ice auger injery.  When he got back he said a woman fell on the auger blade and it sliced her from her chest to her pubic bone he said it was like in the book "whare the red fern grows" whare they had to pack the dogs guts back inside after being attacked.  I have awalys seen augers diffrently since then.

ladies and gentlemen.. always keep your auger blades covered when not in use!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.