The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: January 1st trip  (Read 1631 times)

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
January 1st trip
« on: Jan 02, 2007, 08:10 PM »
Well, it started off with a bang in the morning, but shut off as it went into afternoon (as usual). I at least manage to get some bites and hook a few during this slow time. Last trip, I didn't even get a bite after 8 a.m. and I stayed till dark. This was my biggest one....caught at about 2:30. It was 18" long and 2.5 pounds. I kept another probably 16/17 incher that was darker in color.

Here's my dad's second biggest one of the day...It was about the same size as mine.

This is Randy's fish and by far the biggest one of the day...and the biggest anyone's caught out of this ice fishing season. It was 21" (i think) and over 4 pounds. The fish above it is about the same size as my biggest one...just to give you a reference.

this is randy with that monster!

and last but not least Ty's lake trout. He got this all by himself! LOL. The pole went down, he grabbed it and brought it all the way up with no problems till it got to the ice, then his dad directed him on what to do and he was fine. He was happy the rest of the day...LOL. Probably the funniest picture I've ever seen!

these are just some other pics I took.

Hope you guys enjoyed!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: January 1st trip
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Great Pics, I like to see them youngsters catching fish. Later KR

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2007, 10:21 PM »
POk3's
         First of all welcome to the Shanty! Second did I read somewhere that you did not get in the Tourney? Your pic's are super! great job! Awesome fish! The pic of the little guy is so cool! I love it. He will love it when he grows up. Looks like you had a beautiful day! Go Team Wyo!

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2007, 10:30 PM »
Nice pics, I went out to a laramie lake today and got skunked and was there all day trying everything i had its no fun when that happens but i guess that why they call it fishing instead of catching lol. what lake is that?

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2007, 05:14 PM »
Big Ice: No I didn't get into the tourney...I signed up for this site on the 24th and when i got to the end of the registration it said it would send me an e-mail that i had to accept, when the mods looked over everything. Well either I never got the e-mail, or i deleted it on accident, but I came to the site on the 31st to see if I could sign on and I could. Then I found out about the tournament and I had to sign up by the 30th. I was bummed big time...but I guess I'll just have to sign up for next year's tourney.

Gloomis:

It's the Flaming Gorge Reservoir....I live in Green River, so it's only a hop skip and a jump away.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline spudbar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2007, 09:37 AM »
Pok3s, where abouts on the Gorge were u-guys fishen? I was wondering if the ice was good down around squw hallow, and skunk clifffs area? Any body know?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.