New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Dunham Reservoir?  (Read 3122 times)

Offline upsavr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dunham Reservoir?
« on: Dec 09, 2006, 01:25 PM »
Has anyone ever fished Dunham Reservoir in Rennselaer?
I see that there is a DEC map here  http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/fish/lakemaps/dresmap.pdf

Would be interested in knowing about the walleye and crappie population.

Thanks

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Dunham Reservoir?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2006, 01:28 PM »
There are fish in that Res haha seriously i dont think there are many fish in there. I fished it once  and disnt mark anything. I know a couple of other guys that have put some time into that res and have come out empty handed.
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline perchfisher23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2006, 02:22 PM »
there are some walleye in there.  last year i went with my brother perchking4ever. we hooked into some decent fish but of course my brother was only using 8lb leader line and they all snapped off at the hole.lol
we did land a couple nice perch on tip-ups and the jig rods. the bigest being 12''. we left around 3:00. and saw some people just arriving. maybe the night fishing is better there. I will be back there again this year for sure. if anyone wants to go pm me.

-perchfisher23-

dwayne

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2006, 04:45 AM »
there are some walleye in there.  last year i went with my brother perchking4ever. we hooked into some decent fish but of course my brother was only using 8lb leader line and they all snapped off at the hole.lol
we did land a couple nice perch on tip-ups and the jig rods. the bigest being 12''. we left around 3:00. and saw some people just arriving. maybe the night fishing is better there. I will be back there again this year for sure. if anyone wants to go pm me.

-perchfisher23-

Good for you....You are the first person to ever claim they did much of anything in there.   :-\

Offline perchfisher23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2006, 06:15 AM »
I have been skunked there many times this must have been one of thous rare moments fishing on that lake.

Offline Camp Bassfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Baaaaa Baaaaa
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2006, 09:01 AM »
I'm with the majority. More hours than fish...

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Adirondacks,my home away from home.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2006, 09:31 AM »
I'm one of those empty handed anglers on multiple occasions(ashamed to admit that I didn't learn my lesson the first time)but it is no biggie cuz there is a EAT NONE health advisory on the wallies out of that place,if you're lucky enough to even catch one anyway. :tipup:
\\\"Thats Right...Too much\\\"-AM 1914-2005, Thanks Pon,you started it all

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.