Author Topic: new shanty  (Read 2382 times)

Offline alan street

• Team IceShanty Regular
new shanty
« on: Dec 04, 2006, 05:43 PM »
if any of u guys r going to buy a shanty this year i would go with the frabill trekker got one yesterday and those things are freakin huge plenty of room great design

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
Re: new shanty
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2006, 06:01 PM »
How much$$$$$$$$

Offline alan street

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2006, 07:31 PM »
299.99 at gander mountain in indy

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Is it a pop up for ease in mobility?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline alan street

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2006, 05:19 PM »
yes it is a pop up it folds up into a sled

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2006, 09:07 PM »
I'm looking forward to playin nomad fisherman with my two may guide model pop up. Only problem is it won't fit into the back of the SUV. It will be great for my private pond on the premises but I'm wondering how the heck I'm going to get it somewhere else. Maybe a small trailer?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2006, 09:19 PM »
Yeah I have a Geo Tracker 2 door convertible and have same problem. I have looked at Tractor Supply Company website, they have a small utility trailer 6 foot by 4 wide I think for $350.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2006, 10:42 PM »
Yeah I have a Geo Tracker 2 door convertible and have same problem. I have looked at Tractor Supply Company website, they have a small utility trailer 6 foot by 4 wide I think for $350.

I had my eye on that one too. It would come in handy for a trip to Nebraska to pick up some live bluegills to plant into one of my ponds this spring. One of my colleagues is a dentist down there that is selectively growing bluegills to get them up to 2 lbs. He's working on his own gentic stock by culling out the fastest growers and only breeding those.  He as gotten to the point where he has grown some gills to 9 inches in one year!

I have a larger trailer and fish tank, but don't want to take that all the way down there and back. It's actually too big for the amount of fish I was going to bring back. When I pull it you can almost see the gas gauge move!  :o

If I get a smaller trailer I can kill two birds with one stone.

Offline Adam Cameron

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Adam Had 'Em
new shanty
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2006, 06:53 AM »
Ye Old Tackle Shop in N. Webster carries the Eskimo brand
ice shanty.

My father & I bought a two man a year ago for around $400.

The shanty folds down into its own sled & has a really nice
padded bench seat.  Lots of room to fish in.

They carry several sizes & brands.  Adam C.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2006, 08:34 AM »
Alan you are right.  It is big and a nice 2-man for $299.  I looked at it along with the Fish Trap Pro at Gander Mtn. Ft. Wayne.  I chose the Pro because it was slightly smaller...less weight etc.  Also I thought the seat was more comfy.  Bret
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2006, 09:32 AM »
I'm like you Brett,I got the Scout and as much as I hole hop,it makes it easier on my old butt draggin around,although out night fishing for crappies where ya dont gotta move a whole bunch,a bigger hut is more comfy,but when Im out on the Ice Im there for one reason,to give as many fish sore mouths as I CAN!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Offline alan street

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2006, 04:26 PM »
i liked the fish trap to but the seats werent as high i felt like i was cramped up and i am just a little guy

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2006, 06:04 PM »

I checked out the trailers up close at Tractor Supply today, and stopped in at something we have in our area called Pro King which is the same type store. Anyway, they had the same trailers for less. Something to check out if you have them in your area.

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2006, 02:43 AM »
I've heard of some guys buying the covers for their flip-over style shacks and buying a reciever hitch rack AKA deer rack. and tying their shacks on that. Dunno how well that would work. I am a steel worker and if loading my shack (Frabill Prowler GT) gets to be too big a pain to load into my truck (2001 Dodge Ram with 315's and 3" lift kit) I'm going to make a reiever hitch rack big enough to put my shack on by myself, since I fish alone mostly.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2006, 08:36 AM »
I've heard of some guys buying the covers for their flip-over style shacks and buying a reciever hitch rack AKA deer rack. and tying their shacks on that. Dunno how well that would work. I am a steel worker and if loading my shack (Frabill Prowler GT) gets to be too big a pain to load into my truck (2001 Dodge Ram with 315's and 3" lift kit) I'm going to make a reiever hitch rack big enough to put my shack on by myself, since I fish alone mostly.

Yeah now that's an idea! I forgot about those!

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2006, 10:02 AM »
Frabill has the Artic Caboose:
http://www.frabill.com/cgi-bin/frabill/6075?store=ice
http://www.frabill.com/cgi-bin/frabill/6075?store=ice

I thought someone else made one also but I can't seem to find it. Might have been called the Hitch Shack?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.