New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SUCKERS  (Read 570 times)

Offline SKUNK-MASTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
SUCKERS
« on: Dec 03, 2006, 04:44 PM »
does anyone know where i could buy some 6-8" suckers??? also any info on deadbait and where to get it much appreciated.

Offline crayfishbob

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: SUCKERS
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2006, 05:47 PM »
There's a creek that goes under the thruway towards the end of longbranch park. You can look there, but the creek also crosses 370 just north of the thruway. You are going to have to catch these yourself. As far as the NYS laws goes now, it may not be a good idea cuz of the stipulations. ( using the bait for the same waters) 20 years ago, it was good for suckers. Who knows now, but worth checking.

Also, Bear trap creek at Northern lights was always good. The suckers always liked to hang under the bridges.

As far as dealers goes, I don't know anyone who would carry them, especially with the costs and all for for vhs testing.

The way the laws reads, its going to be tough for you DIY bait catching guys. It kinda eliminates alot of stream and pond catching.

Right now I have ponds full of shiners. Not enough to make it worth paying out big bucks for VHS  and otherb pathogen testing, but otherwise under normal circumstances enough to keep anyone busy for ice fishing. I might as well turn these ponds into crayfish ponds.

Retired , but still recovering ice fishing addict.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.