New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Polar tip ups  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Polar tip ups
« on: Dec 02, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Does anybody know where I can get replacement springs for polar tip-ups? My tips are 20 years old and the springs are taking a bit of a set. They still work OK, but I'd like to replace them someday.

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Polar tip ups
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2006, 04:40 PM »
I would start at a local hardware store. I don't see why you couldn't just fabricate them yourself and save some loot.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2006, 04:53 PM »
if you are talking about the Flag spring, i agree Hardware store, take the spring thats on it with, to measure up....Any tight coil spring like that will do to be honest, they are about 2.50 a piece through Polar.....1/4 the way to a new tip-up.

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2006, 08:06 AM »
Thanks. I was thinking the same thing. I had a feeling the springs from Polar would be pricey.

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2006, 09:01 AM »
company's always mark up parts so as to get you to buy new its a hassle for them to get any thing as most products are made in other places than where we make our requests for parts it the American way buy new and fill up the land fills

Offline bshirtd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2006, 11:36 AM »
i honestly didnt think polars had been made for 20 years but when i replaced mine i got them through HT enterprize which makes polar
its a footrace to the hole

dwayne

« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2006, 11:47 AM »
They have been around for at 15 years.  I remember seeing them at stores when I started to ice fish at 19.

none the less...they are great tip-ups....

A bit hard to see in deep snow but never had any issues with any of mine.

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2006, 12:21 PM »
still one of the better tipups at wall mart

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2006, 01:38 PM »
Does anybody know where I can get replacement springs for polar tip-ups? My tips are 20 years old and the springs are taking a bit of a set. They still work OK, but I'd like to replace them someday.

Is this what you're looking for?
http://www...com/

Check tip up parts in main menu at the top of the page.

I don't know why this post won't accept the address but it is .. Dont forget the triple W and the dot com. This won't even let me type them in. What's up with that???

It won't accept the name of the company. This is screwy. Dblsshtr - check your PM
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline Booker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2006, 03:35 PM »
I would just invest in the heritage tip-up. They are well made and easy to see.

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Heritage tip-ups are good but I already have 12 Polars I wouldn't give up for anything. I've been using them since the mid 80's without a single problem. I can set them for inch and a half fat heads to foot long creek chubs. Wind bites are non existent.   

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2006, 10:29 PM »
i have both polar and heritage lakers and they both serve a purpous i too have less wind flags on my polars and i set them closer to the shanty heritage being taller and easier to see go farther away hope to try the big lake next year up by plattsburg ny and try to run 15 tip ups i think it is  here on winni in nh only 2 waa waa guess they think well kill all the salmon by mistake if we got any more lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.