Author Topic: PARKING AT SUMMIT?  (Read 1729 times)

Offline perch on ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
PARKING AT SUMMIT?
« on: Nov 30, 2006, 06:24 PM »
WELL IT APPEARS TO BE JUST AROUND THE CORNER NOW.  WITH LAST YEAR'S CONDITIONS I NEVER MADE IT TO SUMMIT, BUT I HEAR THE PARKING SITUATION THERE IS NOT VERY GOOD ANYMORE ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE LAKE.  ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO PARK FOR FIRST ICE?

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: PARKING AT SUMMIT?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2006, 08:06 PM »
All I know is theres talk about not being able to park,but whos to say?????It will be a heak of a hull to the holes there from the parking lot,Im gonna find me a 17 year old kid who loves to Ice Fish and have em drop me off then go park my truck(lol)If I hear anything Ill let ya know.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2006, 05:26 AM »
Now that would be a haul!

Offline fire831

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2006, 07:22 AM »
I thought I seen in a post on here last ice season where they had posted it along the county road as to no parking. There is the ice fishermans parking lot down the road from where we parked along the county road but that would still make for a good walk. At least they show the parking lot on the park map.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2006, 07:31 AM »
I thought I seen in a post on here last ice season where they had posted it along the county road as to no parking. There is the ice fishermans parking lot down the road from where we parked along the county road but that would still make for a good walk. At least they show the parking lot on the park map.
I hope there are no fence posts in the parking lot!!!!!!!! >:(  My tire didnt fare too well the last time!!!!!!!!

Offline fire831

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2006, 07:36 AM »
I hope there are no fence posts in the parking lot!!!!!!!! >:(  My tire didnt fare too well the last time!!!!!!!!
Especially with those new skins you just had put on. That would hurt.

Offline alan street

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2006, 04:17 PM »
Bad news guys i was over at summit today and it is posted after the gate at the causeway heading west. if u go on down to the east of the causeway there is a sign right next to the water that says enter at main park entrance ONLY

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Alan that sign has been there for 8-10 years Ide say,you just never must of noticed it before,I get a feeling they're gonna let us park on 500,but in designated areas only,which would limit the vehicles,you're day brakers(myself included)will make sure we got a spot,it wont be long if this wind would lye down,I was in the boat at Summit a week ago and it was 42 surface in the shallows,boom baby,Im gonna try to get ahold of Mr. Robinson(Summits Park Manager)and see what he says,

Jimmy Lang

Offline crappie_catcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Guys there is a sign on the fence of the little lane that takes you back to the lake that says no parking south of 700 N which is the road that T's into 500 E, the road that runs behind the lake. So if you park north of 700 N, you should be alright. My neighbor is a conservation officer and that is the way he explained it to me.

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2006, 09:52 PM »
where is summit lake located?  is it close to  kosciusko co.?

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2006, 10:04 PM »
Naw it's between Muncie and New castle the home of Jimmy Lang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LOL

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2006, 09:27 AM »
I don't know about that Jigginstick,but I do know where them boogers hang at,lookin forward to you and "Guppy" comin down,it shouldn't be to much awful longer,its 21 here and with the wind chill its 16 degrees,but were gettin a 7-10 mph wind which is a no no.Went by the Lake last night and were gettin some base in places,but this wind will knock it out,we need calm winds terribly bad,keep a eye on that crappie hole you went to last year,and dont forget to call me(lol)........Also make sure you'll be at the Braggin' Right's,I'll be staying in touch with you,and you do the same Brian,

Jimmy Lang

Offline crappie_catcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2006, 10:12 AM »
So wgat is this braggin rights tournament

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.