New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: 2007 Adirondack Get-Together  (Read 17202 times)

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2007 Adirondack Get-Together
« Reply #90 on: Jan 24, 2007, 05:20 PM »
I tell you what coldbum. I will hook my shanty to yours and it will be one big comfy place for the ladies.

just pray the winds dont come up when your cookin your deer

Offline bigcatch81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Jan 24, 2007, 05:24 PM »
yeah zach make sure when you see that meat leaving the pan this time i want you to do a full dive to save it...lol. Maybe this time I could help you save it now that i have cleats. No more going 25mph across the ice tearing an inch of rubber off my boots.

Offline fishinfurkarma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 24, 2007, 09:05 PM »
So I cleared it with my wife and I'll be there.  I'm a AGT virgin so take it easy on me guys.  All I got is a kids sled and not much gear but it sounds like I should bring some venison steaks and some dollar bills!!!  Lookin' forward to meetin some memebers of from the ADK IS crew! ;D

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #93 on: Jan 25, 2007, 06:44 AM »
So I cleared it with my wife and I'll be there.  I'm a AGT virgin so take it easy on me guys.  All I got is a kids sled and not much gear but it sounds like I should bring some venison steaks and some dollar bills!!!  Lookin' forward to meetin some memebers of from the ADK IS crew! ;D
You won't need any dollar bills, these are north country gals.....they dance for perch.  ;D

Well it is Schroon lake I suppose they could be from New Jersey.  :whistle:

Offline MACK_USCG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout Assassin!
« Reply #94 on: Jan 25, 2007, 01:06 PM »
   If I come up we wont be there until Friday night but if everyone is close to town we should hit up the Timber Wolf or the Irish pub (cant remember name due to drunkeness) Saturday night.  I will be bringing plenty of Venison Jerky & Deer-roni! BassChen You live up in New Berlin so you had to have heard of "The Deer Man" / Farmers Place in South Ed. right?  I had my jerky made there again this year and it's awesome as usual. I'm so stoked right now and I can't wait to meet everyone!!! :thumbsup:

Mack

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #95 on: Jan 25, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Why of course I've heard of the Deer Man.  ;) I live 2 miles from there, actually in Columbus.  IN FACT...I just got a call that my 2nd doe was done, so I get to go pick it up in a little while.  ;) That stuff is ADDICTING... ;D

Offline MACK_USCG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout Assassin!
« Reply #96 on: Jan 25, 2007, 01:25 PM »
hey I just shot you an email about gilford.

Mack

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #97 on: Jan 25, 2007, 01:40 PM »
Oh, you must have sent it to my old e-mail address, which isn't active.  I just updated my profile with the new one.  :)

Offline viper75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Jan 25, 2007, 02:07 PM »
I might be able to make that one.I'll have to check the schedule.

Offline pikie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Jan 25, 2007, 02:37 PM »
Are you going to be back at PSC by then Zach, if so we should ride together.  Hopefully I can stay the whole time this year.

Offline MACK_USCG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout Assassin!
« Reply #100 on: Jan 25, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Oh, you must have sent it to my old e-mail address, which isn't active.  I just updated my profile with the new one.  :)
Yeah I sure did. What I was going ask was if Gilford Lake near Norwich was Frozen over. Im headed home to NY (Unadilla) on Friday to get my gear for the 17th and I want to hit Gilford Lake or Otsego Lake up before returning Sunday to the Communistwealth of MA. I will have a few guys coming with me on the 17th, one guy is from South Glens Falls who has fished Schroon his whole life and knows Paradox in and out. We slayed the heck out of Lakers up on Paradox 2 years ago.  We should have been charged with Trout Murder in the 1st degree!  ;D I can't wait to meet you guys and I'm sure we will have a blast.

Mack

Offline HomerJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Jan 29, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Oh man i cant wait.  Its going to be nuts.  So what are we gong to do about beer(for people of legal age).  Should we have someone get a keg and throw in money or byob.

yeah i was wondering what everyone was doing that weekend. Fishing friday and sat or sat and sun.  I am giong to either take off on fri or mon. But it was depending on what everyone else was up too. 

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Not bad, but i can do better!
« Reply #102 on: Jan 29, 2007, 09:47 PM »
Dom,

From talking with others it sounds like it could be 30+ so i think group beer would out of the question, that however doesnt mean that a few of us couldnt get a keg and do our best to down a 1/2 keg with like 4 people just like the old times

Matt
My new Motto for the New Year #@%& it i'm going fishing

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #103 on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:08 PM »
Might need to work sunday but I am going to try to make it.

Offline HomerJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:36 PM »
Dom,

From talking with others it sounds like it could be 30+ so i think group beer would out of the question, that however doesnt mean that a few of us couldnt get a keg and do our best to down a 1/2 keg with like 4 people just like the old times

Matt

Yeah thats sounds like a plan

Offline bigcatch81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:12 PM »
Alright guys I just booked a room at a hotel up in schroon lake. Pretty cheap. We might have room for one more guy but not sure yet. Will let ya know soon if we can bunk another person. The number for the place is (518)-532-7474. The link for the site is.....
www.mapleleafmotel.net

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Feb 05, 2007, 11:08 AM »
Wow its almost that time.. just a couple weeks left :)
I will be arriving in the early predawn hours on Saturday.

How is the smelt fishing up there?

Offline bigcatch81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Feb 05, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Yeah Coldbum cant wait. Hey if you would like you can stop by the motel room and wake our a*ses up. Get there extra early and maybe we could have some prefishing breakfast.

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #108 on: Feb 05, 2007, 02:54 PM »
Man, I don't know Dan...I think that Coldbum knocking on the door in the early hours of the AM (especially if it's still dark) would scare the heck out of me.  Can you imagine waking up to see him staring at you? HAHAHA  ;D Just kiddin Sol.  ;) :D

-Zach

Offline bigcatch81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Feb 05, 2007, 02:59 PM »
LOL thats why we will send Loren to answer the door.

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #110 on: Feb 05, 2007, 03:03 PM »
True, I'm sure he'll be sleeping on the floor right in front of it anyway!  :D :D

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #111 on: Feb 06, 2007, 07:59 AM »
Trying to work out making it there guys. Hope so anyway!

Offline pikie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Feb 06, 2007, 08:31 AM »
I'm definilty in, got off the pager for that weekend!!!  See you at the maple leaf, I might also be able to take a halfer on Friday, how many people are doing some scouting? 

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #113 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:09 AM »
I'll be there at probably 2:30 or 3:00, depending on the weather and how long I spend at Gander Mountain.  :D I'm going in for my first 2 classes of the day (9:00-11:00) then I'm cutting out early.  Actually, I may end up just skipping the entire day.  I won't know until next Wednesday if I have tests or anything on Friday...If I don't, I'm gone early.  ;) Either way, I'll be there early.  ;)

Who else is planning on making it to the Get-Together?  We had a lot of votes for dates and locations, so I'm assuming that a lot of people will be there.  If you're going to be there, please let us know. 

-Zach

Offline bigcatch81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Feb 06, 2007, 01:18 PM »
yeah it would be nice to get some kind of number of how many people are going. So far of what we know there are like 15 guys that myself and zach have talked to. Hopefully we can get more.

Offline fishinfurkarma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Feb 06, 2007, 01:31 PM »
yeah it would be nice to get some kind of number of how many people are going. So far of what we know there are like 15 guys that myself and zach have talked to. Hopefully we can get more.

I'll be there at the butt crack of dawn on Saturday.  Does everyone plan to fish the north or south end of the lake?  I travel light and will be walkin' so I figure I'd go off of the park by Stewies and fish on the north end near the island.  Hopefully that is what the majority of the group was thinkin' cause my main goal is to meet some of you crazy SOB's ;D If the majority of the group is planing on being on the south end can ya give me some tips on how to get on keepin' in mind I am hoofin' it ???

Thanks,
Ryan

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #116 on: Feb 06, 2007, 02:00 PM »
The plan is to meet at the north end!  :)

Offline HomerJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Feb 06, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Ill be there crack ass of dawn on sat. Taking monday off so if anyone wants to do anything on sunday maybe try a different lake or stay out on schroon i am game. 

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Not bad, but i can do better!
« Reply #118 on: Feb 06, 2007, 06:12 PM »
Dom i'm game for the north end of George Sunday or maybe the southern end.

Matt
My new Motto for the New Year #@%& it i'm going fishing

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:20 AM »
Ill be there saturday morn, drivin up from the city area....GUys I would be game for George on sunday, unless we slam em on Schroon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.