Author Topic: Crappie is ALIVE  (Read 1709 times)

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Crappie is ALIVE
« on: Nov 28, 2006, 01:53 AM »
It has been a while.  I am alive and kicking.  Still trying to get out Indiana, but in the mean time, I think its time to get ready for some ice fishing.  Been enaged for a month now, so hopefully all that planning stuff won't get in the way with my ice fishing, it shouldn't since the wedding isn't until September, but she always has me looking at stuff, who knew what a pain in the ass planning a wedding would be, I always thought it was the womans job.  I went to Gander Mountain tonight and bought some stuff.  I have a few rods relined and ready to go.  I was looking at the Clam Scout, I have $100 gift card to Gander Mountain, but for some reason I can't bring myself to buy it, I have the money for it, just debating whether I really need it.  I have saved my last week of vacation for December ice, hopefully we can get that ice, SOON.

BOILER UP!!!!!!
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline FXjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Crappie is ALIVE
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2006, 04:36 AM »
Yeah, it's getting to be about that time of year when we start thinking about Ice Fishing again.
Good luck on tearing up those Crappies and Gills this year

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2006, 04:49 AM »
FX, you know where, and you know how.  For first ice it will be tricky getting there, walking across the first lake, I might just have to park where I used to until I get told I can no longer do it.

Have you managed to get yourself a Vex?

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2006, 05:06 AM »
Glad to your alive there "66"!  You know where I will be.

Offline FXjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2006, 05:15 AM »
FX, you know where, and you know how.  For first ice it will be tricky getting there, walking across the first lake, I might just have to park where I used to until I get told I can no longer do it.

Have you managed to get yourself a Vex?

Yep, I get the basic model FL-8 Vex from the Angler last year...wow what a difference!
You know where, get there early in the season before it gets 50,000 fished pulled out of it!

Offline Holewatcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • in a trance watching the flag
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2006, 05:26 AM »
 ;D Hey you guys why not share some with your hoosier buddies, if it's that good of a place then even an old cuss like me could get lucky. ;D ;D ;D
I need to go to the bathroom, but it might flip up if I go.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2006, 07:08 AM »
Good to see ya Bruce,Rico's Gang on Indiana Info says they're wanting the Braggin Rights Trophy back,you need to be there too,go ahead and buy that hut,you wont regret it,I know you're tough,but its better to be comfortable than tough,keep an eye on the board for the Braggin right Tournament Date,

Jimmy Lang

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2006, 05:56 PM »
Good to see ya Bruce,Rico's Gang on Indiana Info says they're wanting the Braggin Rights Trophy back,you need to be there too,go ahead and buy that hut,you wont regret it,I know you're tough,but its better to be comfortable than tough,keep an eye on the board for the Braggin right Tournament Date,

Jimmy Lang
Heck Jimmy, we never had it!  Yes Bruce, buy it!  BTW Jimmy I am trying to get Crappie 66!!!!!!!!!!And I am willing to pay a pretty penny for it!!!!!!  Woe is me!!!!! ;)

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2006, 08:05 PM »
For first ice it will be tricky getting there, walking across the first lake, I might just have to park where I used to until I get told I can no longer do it.

I just walked around the road to get there.  I travel light, so it doesn't take very long.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Go Boilers help the Big Ten out. Beat Virginia!! ;D How you doing Bruce?
Greg
Fish on!

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2006, 12:26 AM »
Doing good, just been busy with everything.

Watching the weather, so I know when to take my last week of vacation for the year.  Either the 9-15, or 16-22, would prefer the first week, as long as there is 2 inches of ice, I will be taking it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.