The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: How's Laurel?  (Read 1117 times)

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
How's Laurel?
« on: Jan 09, 2023, 07:49 AM »
How's the fishing at Laurel Lake in Lee? Wife got me a couple nights at the Black Swan. While my buddy and I plan to bounce around out there, it would be fun to fish from our room.  ;D

Offline scooper47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How's Laurel?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2023, 08:03 AM »
You probably know this, but just in case... That motel is on a shallow cove. If you set up your tip-ups in front of your room, all you will catch is pickerel. And if they are biting, you won't have time to go back to your room. So you might as well set up in the main body.

Another obvious tip: when you make your reservation, specify ground floor in the back. And when you get home, dry out everything for several days. The lake has zebra mussels.

Does anyone know of another motel on fishable water in Western Mass?

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2023, 08:18 AM »
You probably know this, but just in case... That motel is on a shallow cove. If you set up your tip-ups in front of your room, all you will catch is pickerel. And if they are biting, you won't have time to go back to your room. So you might as well set up in the main body.

Another obvious tip: when you make your reservation, specify ground floor in the back. And when you get home, dry out everything for several days. The lake has zebra mussels.

Does anyone know of another motel on fishable water in Western Mass?

I didn't know about the depth. Thanks for the heads up. We do plan on the water view first floor rooms.  :thumbsup:

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2023, 08:35 PM »
I’m not sure when you’re going but a week ago it only had 4-5” and not sure now. It’s shallow down there but it gets pretty deep not too far out. Good luck

Offline scooper47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2023, 07:29 AM »
You can find a contour map here that will help with the depths.

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/massachusetts-pond-maps

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.