The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Western MA folks! I NEED HELP!  (Read 1536 times)

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
Western MA folks! I NEED HELP!
« on: Jan 05, 2023, 08:22 AM »
I'm off next week. I've been watching the weather, desperately hoping for cooler temps.

A buddy and I are looking to stay out in the Lee, Lenox area Wednesday and Thursday. I don't want your spots, I just want to know if anyone's fishing out that way.

I don't want to book a room for Wednesday night if there's no ice....

Any input is appreciated.

Mark

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Western MA folks! I NEED HELP!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2023, 09:00 AM »
Wish I knew as well.  Doubt many people have been out since the rain.  I was on 8+ inches on saturday but the fog and rain were eating away at spots pretty badly.
westernmas on the finder

Offline MassPikeAngler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Snag'em and drag'em
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2023, 09:58 AM »
If your gonna find anything it's gonna be smaller , shallower ponds and lakes. Bigger waters were barley fishable before the warm up and are shot now.

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2023, 11:51 AM »
Well I asked the boss and he's let me push my vacation back a week. Pray for cold kids!

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2023, 03:10 AM »
I was on 1 of the big 3 out there for 5 out of 8 days last week. Over 6" with 4 1/2" black and 1 1/2" white. There was plenty of safe ice.
However-
Monday was the last day out and it felt like I was fishing late season. The white ice was pretty much slush and the black was getting very brittle. Not sure what is left after the rain, but I'll be out there next weekend.

Offline Anima1z

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><,))'>
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2023, 07:04 AM »
As far as CT Valley I found 1 small shallow pond with 3"........  and since its attached to moving water it unfortunately goes up and down and getting on it is a pain....  If/When I find (I tend to venture out a bit) something I will try to get on and post.

Good luck and stay safe...  It's very frustrating.  I do not remember a time (ice fishing for 30yrs) when by January 10th there was not safe ice everywhere in the valley...  I remember it being close but we have some lakes and ponds out here you can still fish from shore!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.