Author Topic: The Winds of Change.......  (Read 1375 times)

Offline jhc

• Team IceShanty Regular
The Winds of Change.......
« on: Nov 25, 2006, 11:54 PM »

Gentlemen,
 The winds of change will soon be here,heard some good news re; weather.It appears our spring like weather
 will soon be a thing of the past,I only hope once it gets cold by weeks end, it will stay.It sure would be nice
 to be ice fishing before Christmas.Got some new equipment to try,I just can't wait.Here's to cold weather and
 thick ice ...................  and Fish On !!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
                  jhc

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The Winds of Change.......
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2006, 01:04 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN :angel :angel

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2006, 08:52 AM »
Im hoping for the same but us fellows here in Indiana could have a short if not even a Ice season,dig into you're Almanacs and do some reading,it dont look good,i want "ICE"

Offline The Darkness

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Im hoping for the same but us fellows here in Indiana could have a short if not even a Ice season,dig into you're Almanacs and do some reading,it dont look good,i want "ICE"

For once, I'm ignoring you Swede!  ;D
Bring on the ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORK is that annoying time between FISHING TRIPS

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2006, 01:09 PM »
One thing I learned from last year is once we have good ice don't waste time and fish, fish, fish because it might be gone soon!  I went to Florida for a week for the parent's 50th and when I came back everything went downhill! Staying here this time!

I used to miss first ice every year around Christmas when I was first married. Had to visit the mother-in-law near Chicago. Now she comes HERE by train.  ;D
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2006, 05:41 PM »
One thing I learned from last year is once we have good ice don't waste time and fish, fish, fish because it might be gone soon!  I went to Florida for a week for the parent's 50th and when I came back everything went downhill! Staying here this time!

I used to miss first ice every year around Christmas when I was first married. Had to visit the mother-in-law near Chicago. Now she comes HERE by train.  ;D
good advice taxidermist. last year we had the earliest ice i've ever seen. i had lots of vacation time, and figured i'd start after jan 1. the ice was gone by Christmas. :-[ :-[ hepe this year's better.

Offline FXjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2006, 06:28 PM »

Hey we had 6 weeks of Ice last year, December was pretty cold. Fox and Silver had ice about two weeks aftet just about everyone ese could not find ice.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2006, 06:36 PM »
Hey we had 6 weeks of Ice last year, December was pretty cold. Fox and Silver had ice about two weeks aftet just about everyone ese could not find ice.

This year's different so far, so maybe winter will be different than last winer and last longer? I think it's anyone guess. I remember one year the NWS was predicting a very cold winter. They couldn't have gotten it any wronger. We never got below zero that winter until one day in March in northern Indiana. The really cold air stayed bottled up just over the Canadian border. Something about the "north south ossilliation" I think.  ??? ??? ???

Then one winter is was supposed to be mild. Wrong again!
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.