Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 241362 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #3540 on: Nov 13, 2023, 07:45 PM »
It's beginning!!!!!    ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3541 on: Nov 13, 2023, 08:23 PM »
Good evening, after a chilly start to the day warmed up to around fifty this afternoon. Folks had to scrape or use defrosters and wait to clear vehicle wind shields and rear windows this morning.
Ice Wanderer agree on the bison burgers and some other cuts of Bison I have eaten being farm raised to me taste similar to beef. may you have the fan hood and fan installed and working at your friend's home.
Eddie may your son's start seeing deer during their hunts. Good that they still have to NY. Southern zone rifle season to have a chance to harvest a deer. Good thinking with the snowblower if any work is needed on the machine better to find out early and get it completed before needing it to clear snow and not have it working .
Hunts2long sorry to hear that while you had a good night your team lost ground in the league standing. Your theory on the deer maybe correct they can feed on any left over apples and if the land is posted under no pressure from hunters.
Whopper Stopper best wished for you with the gun range tree work . You may feel like some stand therapy after dealing with the oak trees . Is the driving class a requirement  to operate certain size vehicles in Minnesota.
Wallyworld guess we will see some back and forth temperature readings as we head toward Winter.
OldSailor glad the dentures are allowing you  to eat foods you enjoy may all go well when time comes for the permanent ones to be installed .
Drifter thank you for answering my question. Than you for the ice formation report from the snowmobile association.

Stay safe do your best to keep healthy. best to all fishing and  Hunting.
    Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3542 on: Nov 14, 2023, 04:06 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 27* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                           Marv.........I'm glad that the manager sees it yoyr way. :thumbsup: I hope you got them knocked down safely. :unsure:
                           Wally........With Mr. WW at camp, it gives you time to do excatly what you want to do. :whistle:
                           Dave........Thank you for the ice report, it won't be long and everything will be locked up. :clap:
                           OS...........I'm glad that the temporary choppers are working out. :flex:
                           H2l...........I'm glad you had a good night on the lanes but sorry for the rest of your team. :blink:
                           Steve.......It's that time of year to have the topsy turvy temperatures. We are supposed to be in the 50's by Thursday. :cookoo:
                           Eddie.......I took my snow blower in for a repair at the begining of October and it turned out it was better to get a new blower than put
                 a lot of money into 17 year old blower. :whistle:
                           Well the range hood install was a rough one, things did't line up the way they were supposed to and it took us a lot longer to get it done.
                the directions were almost useless so I hhad to improvise and make some changes.But it's installed and you an't see any mistakes by the builder.
                           I have an early therapy appointment this morning.
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday ether at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3543 on: Nov 14, 2023, 04:39 AM »
32* this morning.
IW, good luck with your appointment.
Just before dark last night I saw a deer quite aways out in front of me, it walked out of sight and started blowing, the wind was in my face so I bleated a couple times. Within a minute I could see a deer coming straight at me but it stopped in some thick stuff and I never saw it again. I sat for another 10 minutes and I could hear it blowing quite a ways from me. Will report back in later.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3544 on: Nov 14, 2023, 06:34 AM »
Good morning, good luck H2L  no buck sightings here but do see a doe and a yearling come looking for acorns just before dark

39* at the moment almost light enough to see my sights

Later folks take care
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3545 on: Nov 14, 2023, 08:43 AM »
Morning all,

IFF/H2L.....good luck fellas  :thumbsup:

WS......hope you have a good instructor that keeps things interesting  :woot:

IW.....you're exactly right, hunting season is MY vacation time  :roflmao:

Eddie.....fingers crossed all went well with the snowblower test run  ;)

OS.....are you getting implants done  ???

Drifter.....that's a heck of a good start on ice already  :icefish:

Looks like I caught IFF's sniffles  ::)  I'm sure the crazy weather doesn't help  :wacko:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3546 on: Nov 14, 2023, 10:39 AM »
WW I'm just getting a permanent plate!! What I have now is what they slapped in after all my teeth were pulled. Implants are waaay expensive!!! The VA won't do them!!  Everyone stay safe and healthy!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3547 on: Nov 14, 2023, 11:47 AM »
WW I'm just getting a permanent plate!! What I have now is what they slapped in after all my teeth were pulled. Implants are waaay expensive!!! The VA won't do them!!  Everyone stay safe and healthy!!!

OS
You might want to check Mexico for implants.
They are way, way cheaper down there.
Where I live in Canada they are $5k each. There have been people from here that have flown to Mexico to get implants because of how much less they are to get done.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3548 on: Nov 14, 2023, 12:18 PM »
Thanks, but no thanks!!! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3549 on: Nov 14, 2023, 08:44 PM »
 Good evening, in the mid thirties outside after reaching the mid fifties this afternoon. Two food recalls for everyone's knowledge  Sofia Produce LLC which sell under the name of Trufresh has recalled their cantaloupes due to possible salmonella contamination. Each cantaloupe should bear a sticker with the word Malichata and number 450 return to place of purchase for refund. This one may effect only certain people Weis Markets has recalled their Quality Cinnamon- Apple sauce pouches due to possible lead contamination . this is the 20 pouch package with a UPC code of 41497216123  and lot number of 05023:28 expiration date of July 28,2024 . i assume return to store for a refund. I believe Weis operates in the "Southern Teir" section of New York state .
Ice Wanderer we also should see some windy days which help lakes/ponds turn over -mix their water making it more uniform in temperature and likely to start forming ice once air temperatures drop and stay below freezing for extended periods of time. Sorry to hear the hood install was a struggle glad you got it in place and working . may today's therapy have gone well for you.
Hunts2long good to hear you are starting to see deer hopefully next time you can get a buck into range with your grunt tube.
IFF may the deer have been more active today.
Wallyworld may you get over the sniffles quickly . Enjoy what is left of your Hunting/vacation time may you not have to deal with any major winter storm clean up by your self .
OldSailor like everything the cost of dental work has gotten quite expensive for some procedures. best to you when time comes for the plate to be installed .
drifter thank you for the information on Canadian dental costs . I assume there is a wait time between getting implants if the government health coverage pays for things. So that is why some people go to Mexico to get the implants done at a lower cost out of their pocket and have them installed faster .

May everyone have a good night best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3550 on: Nov 15, 2023, 04:31 AM »
29* this morning.

OS, go to Mexico, get you implants, walk back across the border and the government will give you everything you need.

No deer seen yesterday.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3551 on: Nov 15, 2023, 05:07 AM »

Good morning Doug, ER's,
                         It's 24* and clear here onmy hill. ::)
                         H2l............That's happened to me, it's amazing how deer just dissapear. :whistle:
                         OS.............I'm with you, I wouldn't go to Mexico either. :blink:
                         Bud............I hope some deer start showing up for your hunt. :thumbsup:
                         Wally..........Hopeful ly it's just the changing weather that is giving you the sniffles. :unsure: Enjoy your vacation. :clap:
                         Steve.........Another recall....Where did the lead come from. In these times there shouldn't be any componet in the food industry that
               contains lead. :o
                         Yesterdays therapy appointment went well, I'm gaining motion a little bit each week. When the motion returns they will start on strength.
                         Today I'm going shopping at the Commissionary, hopefully some better prices are waiting for me.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3552 on: Nov 15, 2023, 05:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D   Fair skies and 29* here this am, high of 46.

H2…good luck with today’s hunting, hope your luck changes today!   :thumbsup: 
  Steve…thanks for the recall info, saw that applesauce mentioned on the news.   :thumbsup:
  OS…H2 might be on the right track!!!  :whistle:  ;D.   Best wishes with dental work…..
  Dave..thanks for sharing the ice report.   :tipup:   Seeing some small ponds here lately skimming over which is a start but it’s going to awhile yet.
  Wally…snowblower is ready and waiting for action again, lol.  Hope you’re feeling better today!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…will be looking forward to your report, good luck with today’s hunting. :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope your appointment went well yesterday, glad you were able to get the range hood installed!   :clap:
  Marv…hope the tree work went well and no issues!   :thumbsup:

Early appointment with my Oncologist for a review of the scans, tomorrow the same with my surgeon.
  Cawfee’s on….
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting! 

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3553 on: Nov 15, 2023, 07:01 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....sending prayers for more good reports from your appointments  :thumbsup:

IW.....good to hear you're starting to gain motion again, keep up the good work  :flex:

OS.....I'm with you, no way would I travel to Mexico  :nono:  altho H2L has a good point  :roflmao:

H2L....fingers crossed you see some deer today  ;)

IFF......hope you're seeing some deer also  :whistle:

Head congestion is worse today, hoping things start to go the other way now  :-\  I've had the flu/covid/rsv vaccines so guessing it's just a regular run of the mill cold  :blink:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3554 on: Nov 15, 2023, 08:13 AM »
Good morning all only seeing the resident doe, but not the yearling last evening or this morning, so the watching continues.  I’m told my trailer will be ready to pickup sometime today. Boy they sure do blend in with the fall brush colors

Best to all
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3555 on: Nov 15, 2023, 09:29 AM »
Have a great hump day everyone, the new puppy is home and guess his new name is snickers. Will get photos one of these days. Well a couple mmore days and another week of vacation, so hopefully more birds to chase and thinking of pulling the boat out if the Temps stay in the 40s and 50s. Have a great rest of the week everyone.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3556 on: Nov 15, 2023, 04:34 PM »
Thanks for the advice about Mexico, but I do not want dental implants!!! You're talking full upper and lower implants!!!  :woot: :cookoo: :whistle:  I already have a lower plate and will get an upper plate through the VA!! Travel-25 minutes, cost- $0.00  :flex: :clap: ;)2 Everyone stay safe and healthy!!! :)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3557 on: Nov 15, 2023, 09:13 PM »
Good evening warmer weather coming to my section of NY. tomorrow with a forecast high temperature in the low sixties .
Hunts2long may your persistence be rewarded with the sighting of a nice buck within your comfortable shooting range.
Ice Wanderer possibly the apple orchard where apples came from to make the sauce has contaminated soil . glad your range of motion in shoulder is increasing with therapy. I hope you found some good prices at the Comissionary.
Eddie you are welcome lately it seems there is a recall on some product every week . May your oncologist and surgeon by happy with the scans and how you have progressed since surgery .
Wallyworld may your head congestion cleared as the day progressed. I hope you get over the sniffles quickly.
IFF good to hear your trailer is repaired and ready for pick-up. may you start seeing some bucks while hunting.
Fish/hunt4ever may the new puppy fit in well with your family .
OldSailor may all of the dental work go well and your choice of food options increase once the work is completed.

Have a good night. best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3558 on: Nov 16, 2023, 04:12 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 29* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                       Steve..........If the soil was contaminated wouldn't they have found lead in previous batches of applesauce. :unsure:
                       Wally...........I hope you get over what ever you have before Thanksgiving. :whistle: I take Emergen-C immune support.  :flex:
                       H2l..............I hope you see the one you want today. :thumbsup:
                       OS..............I like the $0.00 option. :thumbsup:
                       Eddie...........I'm sure your reports are going to have an A+ rating by your doctors. :flex:
                       Bud.............Yes they do blend in well, just ask H2l. :whistle:
                       Fish.............I hope Snickers is adjusting to his new home. :unsure: May the plant be problem free so you can get your hunting in. :flex:
                       Marv............Hopefu lly the tree work is done and you can return to "The Shack" :flex:
                       Yesterday's trip to the Commissary was worth the trip., I saved $30 if i had gone to a regular grocery store. One item I did buy for a treat to myself.
             They had Lamb chops, two for $5.00.
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3559 on: Nov 16, 2023, 04:31 AM »
32* and clear.

I had a small spike walk within 40 yds of me yesterday morning about 8:15, maybe next years deer. A friend saw a nice buck cross the road on Tuesday. About 100 yds from where my Jeep was parked and it was going the "right" way. It couldn't have missed "finding" me by much. Yesterday it was seen in a field just East of where I am hunting by ECON. He is in the area.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3560 on: Nov 16, 2023, 06:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 34*, high of 57 today. 

H2…hope that buck pays a visit today, good luck!!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…nice job on the savings, enjoy those chops!!   :thumbsup:  Your savings equals the cost of about 9 gallons of gas…I seem to be stuck in that comparison mode nowadays.  ;D
  Steve…believe the oncologist was about as pleased seeing me walking as I was leaving his office making a 3 month appointment to see him again.   ;D    :thumbsup:
  OS…glad to read you won’t have any out of pocket expenses, best wishes!   :clap:
  FH4…will be looking forward to seeing that new pup, congrats on the new addition!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…good news on the trailer, good luck with the hunting!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope things are going better today. Thanks for the reminder on the shots…I need to ask my surgeon a few questions on them.   :thumbsup:

Yesterday’s appointment went pretty well, there was mention of something possibly seen in one of the images which would require a colonoscopy. Will have more info on that from the surgeon today.   Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3561 on: Nov 16, 2023, 02:08 PM »
Afternoon all,

Eddie.....hoping you had a good visit with your surgeon today  ;)

IW....nice to hear you saved a couple $$$ and got yourself a treat too  :thumbsup:

H2L.....fingers crossed that buck crossed your way this morning  ;)2

FH4....it's almost Friday  @)

Tough time getting out of bed this morning, felt like an 18 wheeler ran me over during the night  ::)  Dragged myself out of bed, put wood on the fire, took the trash out, grabbed some tylenol and sudafed then went back to bed. Felt better when I get up the second time. It was so nice out this afternoon I decided to mow the lawn one last time. The fresh air and sunshine felt pretty good  @)

Have a good evening. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3562 on: Nov 16, 2023, 06:03 PM »
Good evening everyone!

55 and dropping. Tomorrow's high will be in the 30's, unlike todays 66 :cookoo: even crazier was today's wind. 30mph sustained wind with gusts exceeding 45mph.

I have been at the shack for the last couple days, tomorrow will be my last one. The deer have still been moving some although not like they were a week ago.

I never did see the 12point that I have been waiting for.  Lots of 6pt and 8pts have come and gone. Last night a nice buck showed just as I was getting set to call it a night. He stood facing me until all the light was exhausted, then he ambled off into some thickets.

Saturday the rifle season kicks off. Between the bear license/bait and bow license, I can't justify another $200 to sit an extra 9 days. I think my wife has about had enough of my being gone coupled with the crap cell service this year. She has been awesome.

Anyway who knows, maybe tomorrow will be the day lol

Hope everyone is doing well!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3563 on: Nov 16, 2023, 09:45 PM »
Good evening, warm up here today weather guessers were correct and we did reach to low sixties for a high. My local newspaper did have an article today about the cinnamon -apple sauce recall. Three different brands recalled Wannabana which is sold nationally through Amazon and at Dollar tree stores, Schnuk's sold at hat chain of supermarkets and also Eat Well markets mainly in state of Illinois and Weis market. The article mentioned lead need to go back through this thread think I mentioned the Wannabana and reason for recall was Salmonella maybe wrong.
Ice wanderer good point the must be another source for the lead contamination  I'm wondering if all three companies use the same supplier to provide their products. Most store brands are made under contracts with major food suppliers since most chains can not afford the expense of having their own food production facilities .Good to read you saved money shopping at the Commissary. Nice find on the lamb chops.
Hunts2long may the buck your fiend saw have paid you a visit today.
Eddie good to hear the oncologist is happy with how you are doing may today's surgeon visit also have gone well for you. Hopefully you can avoid the colonoscopy though I'm pretty sure one of your doctor's will want the procedure preformed at some point to get a better idea of your colon's health .
Wallyworld glad after taking some medication and getting more rest you are feeling better. Someone was mowing a lawn in my area today did not see but could hear the mower.
Whopper Stopper you may have more tree work to do to clear trails at your shack property after the windy day. may you get the chance to harvest a buck tomorrow. I agree with your thinking on purchasing the license/tag for rifle season. A thank you to your wife for letting you do all the hunting this year. Once back home visit Garmin Electonics website  I have no experience using one but they sell electronic messaging devices. I believe you can send an actual message or prerecorded one to let your wife know you are safely back at the shack after hunting each day. the unit also has emergency message feature and I think gives a GPS location with each message you send.

May everyone keep safe do your best to stay healthy. best to all fishing and hunting .
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3564 on: Nov 17, 2023, 04:15 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 34* and mostly cloudy sky. ::)
                         Wally........I hope you are feeling better this morning.  :thumbsup: Sometimes getting out in the fresh air helps. :whistle:
                         H2l...........Hopefull y the bigger deer shows up for you.  :unsure:
                         Eddie........I'm glad that your doctor was happy to see you walk in. :flex: Hopefully it's nothing that they saw. :unsure:
                         Marv.........You've had a tough season this year, I know that a big rack is a plus, but meat is the goal and a big rack is a bonus. :blink:
                         Steve........Yesterday was a gorgeous tee shirt day here. :clap:
                         Fish..........I hope everything goes smoothly at the plant today so you don't have to stay late. :blink:
                         Yesterday's appointment went well, she had me do something different and i thought I would feel it last night. I didn't.
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Heathy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3565 on: Nov 17, 2023, 10:23 AM »
Been spending a lot to time in the woods, not seeing very much. Did see one this morning, pretty sure it was a doe. My brother got a nice 8 pt this morning out behind his house. He hasn't been able to get out much this year because of his wife. Now that both he and my nephew have gotten their deer I may hunt over there some. I had a bear cross the road on my way home last night. Not sure if I will go out this afternoon it is already 52*, but there is a front coming in so I never know.

Eddie, good luck.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3566 on: Nov 17, 2023, 10:42 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....good luck if you decide to head back out later  :)

WS.....fingers crossed for you today  ;)  for just under $100 here in NY you get bow, muzzle, big game, small game, fishing, turkey, doe permits, the works

IW....glad to hear you weren't sore after the new exercise  :flex:

Eddie.....hope all went well at your appointment  :-\

MrC....just wanted an excuse to get outside yesterday, the lawn would have been ok w/o the mowing, altho it does look pretty spiffy  @)  the mowers will be put up now for winter

Sudafed and tylenol are my best friends right, think I'll sit outside on the deck for awhile and enjoy the balmy 62* before the rain moves in  ;)2

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3567 on: Nov 17, 2023, 11:40 AM »
Well one more trailer and then vacation starts. Been a long week but a short one for sleep it seems. Now to get some wood split and cut and some stuff moved around so I can drag the boat out. Tomorrow chores and pheasant hunting Sunday then maybe fishing and pheasant hunting for the week until Thanksgiving. Colder weather moving in maybe ice capping weather for the lakes for next weekend. Have a great Friday everyone.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3568 on: Nov 17, 2023, 12:50 PM »
Good morning will give this another try, lost a lengthy post to the I-phone gremlin

Ok greets from Morehead Kentucky, arrived here from Sandra’s place in Missouri, to deliver some family furnishings she wanted to hand down to her younger sister. The sister (Kathleen) and her husband recently purchased acreage near Morehead, I’d say very “ rural” 90 +/- complete with log buildings, barn suitable for their 6 horses.  A real homestead.

The deer hunt of mine has turned out I’m guessing like Marv’s. 12 pointer never showed itself.  According to Sandra the numbers of deer sightings this year as in past years could be because of the lack of water. Her pond this year completely dried up

I was amazed at the number of road kill of small deer on the way over here along the interstate 😱

As always stay safe and healthy
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3569 on: Nov 17, 2023, 08:13 PM »
Finally took a picture of the puppy have him resting in my lap now as I watch TV.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.