The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Yellow Creek Lake (Indiana County)  (Read 986 times)

Offline Pensfan

• IceShanty Rookie
Yellow Creek Lake (Indiana County)
« on: Jan 29, 2022, 08:29 AM »
It's been a few years since I fished this lake and I understand that it is now drawn down several feet. I'm looking to target pike on tip ups.  :tipup: From the reports page it looks like a lot of guys are fishing the north shore area. For guys that fish this lake often, at what depths do you seem to pick up most of your pike? I was considering trying on the southern side of the lake near the bay that leads into Grandma and Grandpa coves.  Any feedback is appreciated. :)
Know Ice Fishing, Know Peace!
No Ice Fishing, No Peace!

Offline Indiana_Lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Yellow Creek Lake (Indiana County)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2022, 09:33 AM »
I don't target them because I mainly fish for panfish jigging. But I've caught my share of them in 17-25 fow while jigging. I mainly fish the creek channels unless I happen upon some structure on the bottom. With the water being lower than normal my usual spots aren't nearly as productive as in the past.  Lou

Offline Fisherman17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2022, 09:04 AM »
Fished last night for the first time from 4 to dark tried 15 foot and didn’t mark a fish moved out to 20 fow and steady marks and got 25 crappie and 5 gills but all small fish. New to the lake is that common?

Offline gallitzinice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2022, 07:04 PM »
I only fish Yellow Creek once or twice per year, but when it comes to jigging for panfish that is how it goes for me.  Usually get lots of crappie and bluegill, all small.  I've talked to guys out there who say they sometimes do well on the crappie.

Offline paarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2022, 08:44 PM »
3 pike this evening 22-24in. 2 perch, missed another half dozen I think anyway. I must not have a good set up for perch on top ups. Only 2 I caught swallowed the hook. I fished the south side. By that I mean I walked out from the south side. By the time I had enough depth I was just about to the main channel.

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2022, 05:50 PM »
i once caught a huge perch out of that lake . it was around 35 years ago but i caught a 15 1/2 inch perch . they are in there
be safe and good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.