Author Topic: Downview Camera vs Side view  (Read 537 times)

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Downview Camera vs Side view
« on: Nov 26, 2021, 10:52 AM »
I got tired of trying to line the camera up with the lure and went to using the camera in downview which eliminates the need to move camera once distance is set about the lure............and you can see the fish coming in from any direction. There does not seem to be many people who use the camera in downview and spend sometimes quite a bit of money to be able to move camera.  Just curious what is the reluctance to use camera in downview.

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Re: Downview Camera vs Side view
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2021, 11:05 AM »
My current camera came with a remote panner, but I have been thinking to use a down view from time to time. I do find, it is not as easy to tell species with the down view in low light as from the side.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Downview Camera vs Side view
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2021, 11:13 AM »
Up 45 deg or down 45 deg ..best of both worlds ..down view.. fish could be hard to view ..dark weed and/or bottom etc .
Up/Down 45 deg can help alot . Zip ties ..small dia wire can be used to achieve that ..unless you have a Aqua Vu ..those mounts most likely have it built into the camera holder . As always micro movements of the camera ..as well as a weight can help.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.