Author Topic: Delicous spread for bread.....  (Read 9207 times)

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Delicous spread for bread.....
« Reply #30 on: Apr 21, 2021, 12:07 PM »
Ate so much olive loaf and pickle loaf sandwiches growing up.also that ground bologna spread which was pretty nasty.

Ugh. My Mom used to grind up bologna with mayo and celery and call it "ham salad" when I was a kid  :sick:

That is bringing back some bad memories...

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #31 on: Apr 21, 2021, 12:39 PM »
Ugh. My Mom used to grind up bologna with mayo and celery and call it "ham salad" when I was a kid  :sick:

That is bringing back some bad memories...
yes,my mom ground bologna added mayo and pickle relish and called it bologna sandwich spread.yuck!i also remember her tuna melts.something about oven hot tunafish,mayo and cheese on toast turns my stomach to this day.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic Muckletonian Society
« Reply #32 on: Apr 21, 2021, 01:07 PM »
yes,my mom ground bologna added mayo and pickle relish and called it bologna sandwich spread.yuck!i also remember her tuna melts.something about oven hot tunafish,mayo and cheese on toast turns my stomach to this day.

Aw gawd.....didja haveta remind me???!  :sick: I agree!  She ever make "pink salmon casserole"?!
Canned salmon, and the worst canned vegetable in the world, watery pale canned green peas, noodles, and I have no idea what was mixed in that held it together. Prolly mayo and something else.
She'd brown it in the oven then a big plop of it on yer plate.....it came right back up looking just the same.

"Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobies

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #33 on: Apr 21, 2021, 02:45 PM »
No.but she did make those pink salmon patties out of  the can with those weird chalky pieces of spine that was left in the can.not all that bad but those bones..ugh.she made a version similar to your casserole but used tunafish and peas instead of pink salmon.funny thing is you either ate it or starved unlike kids of today.my olady sometimes makes two separate entrees because the kid doesn't like what we are having.makes me angry.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Apr 21, 2021, 03:47 PM »
Yup. Had to stay at the table until ya ate it or went hungry. I remember I went to bed pretty hungry one nite becuz I sat there for at least an hour after everyone was done because I wouldn't eat the slimy green spinach in a bowl with cider vinegar over it. Looked like someone had scraped wet grass off bottom of a lawnmower then peed on it. Stoopid dog wouldn't eat it either.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Apr 22, 2021, 05:56 AM »
This thread is suddenly giving me PTSD  :roflmao:

We never did canned salmon, but there were lots of other questionable canned meat dishes...

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #36 on: Apr 22, 2021, 07:54 AM »
This thread is suddenly giving me PTSD  :roflmao:

We never did canned salmon, but there were lots of other questionable canned meat dishes...

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Apr 22, 2021, 09:18 AM »
Another one my Mom had...was this *EXPLETIVE* crap......on crackers with celery?!!! Ahhh gawd......
No wonder we grew up rebellious and "experimented" with things.... :whistle:  That's what they  did with US! 

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #38 on: Apr 22, 2021, 09:46 AM »
Never had that,but we also had a jar of pickled turkey gizzards.believe it or not but those are delicious!!another crap meal we had growing up was when my gma lived on gun lake and made us eat fried bluegill eggs and taters for breakfast.that was real nasty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.