Author Topic: The Tall,the small, the bearded a s the BANNED  (Read 4154 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The Tall,the small, the bearded a s the BANNED
« on: Mar 21, 2021, 09:11 AM »
Yesterday, an impromptu gathering of Ice shanty's version of the Earp brothers gathered for a last minute impromptu season of"21" get together..
The tall ( Salmonemia) the small( yours truely) the Bearded (800stealth) And (Hunt/Fish 603,) and the banned, Ice shanty version of bad boy and top gunslinger Auqua Assasin (playing the part of Doc Holliday)..we headed for the (not so OK) corral at sunrise, seeing g the original plan went from 2 to 5 anglers I decided to drag my comrades to a different battle ground about 2 miles from the launch( sorry guys)..well, the fight ( or lack there of) did not go as planned, Frank went all in on getting a Chromer, boobie trapping a section of prime shoreline ( no boobs or chromers) were harmed in the process, he set up what appeard to be a perfect shallow water ambush..Jason opted for a fence line from deep to shallow.anchoring one end of Frank's spread.Ray ran deep with a combination of traps and jigs, Wane did likewise covering an expansive flat outside the rest of our spread, I set up similar to Jason starting deep and anchoring  the other end of Frank's ambush.. things did not go as planned, very few "bad guys" came to the fight, everyone got a little something,but I thought with about a mile of lake secured, and a variety of baits and jigs, it would have been better..
As far as I'm concerned, the day was a huge success, I fished with some great friends ( all met here on Ice shanty)Jason cheffed up some great venison vittles,Wane found a few whites, Ray and I  got to hang out without freezing our fingers off.. the surprise of the day was was at 5:30 I was unloaded and waiting on the crew when I saw a truck pull up.. it was old buddy Frank, I had no idea he was coming.
Awesome surprise..
It was great fishing with and seeing all my old friends again, as we discussed  yesterday, any of you guys are welcome  to striper fish with me this summer..you have my number.
Walking was good, the weather bright with decent breeze in the afternoon,conditions were getting worse by the hour,what was 24" thick a week ago is half of what it was, or non existent in some places..the fat lady's out of the saloon is singing LOUD.

A final shout out to my friend Mike Wec (sharps) congrats..on the birth of your daughter.. missed fishing with you this year..

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: The Tall,the small, the bearded a s the BANNED
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2021, 10:51 AM »
First and foremost, what a great subject line and post, Joe! Second, its not always about the fishing but the great company we surround ourselves with on adventures like this and in life. Lastly, I appreciate all of the kind words from every single one of you fellas yesterday. Made me smile while sitting by my wife's and newborns side. As much as I wish I was there with you fellas, the only other place I rather be is with my wife, son and now daughter. I have met most of you and like I told Joe last night, it took me a mere 5 minutes or less to know that I would appreciate you guys for the rest of my life. The banned one I try to stay away from for obvious reason (lmao love you Frank) but I assure you guys that you have not seen the last of me. Hunting, fishing, ice fishing or just BSing, we will not only make this world stop for us for a few minutes, but we will do it as if we knew each other since we were all 5 years old. Trust and respect can never be handed over and I hope to earn both from all of you. With that, I can die a happy man so make me earn it for a long time.  ;D
Just add water.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2021, 01:13 PM »
Good times Joe. Great weather, great company and some great food (the venison was killer Jason). Couldn't think of a better way to finish out my season... We gotta do it more often fellas.

Almost forgot... This pic is for you Guinea...

"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2021, 02:47 PM »
Great post Joe. It was a great day with great people!  Good to get all the Nomads together for one last trip.
Although as Frank and I reached the launch at the end of the day of the 2+ mile walk, I think we both said damn we hadn't walked that far to ice fish in years....lol   All good though, good exercise. Definitely much easier pull on the way out in the morning though.
And i was as surprised as you to see the Banned One sitting at the launch in the morning...lol unfortunately no snow for the artist to make his mark on this trip.
Thanks again...till next year fellas.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2021, 02:52 PM »
Good times Joe. Great weather, great company and some great food (the venison was killer Jason). Couldn't think of a better way to finish out my season... We gotta do it more often fellas.

Almost forgot... This pic is for you Guinea...

Yes...I felt connected to Guinea at that moment...lol
Atleast you didn't get the shot of the line around spikes on both feet, only making it worse as I backed up.. ;)
I felt a little better when I saw Joe and Wayne fumbling with tangles later though...lol. Happens to the best of us.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2021, 03:26 PM »
Yes...I felt connected to Guinea at that moment...lol
Atleast you didn't get the shot of the line around spikes on both feet, only making it worse as I backed up.. ;)
I felt a little better when I saw Joe and Wayne fumbling with tangles later though...lol. Happens to the best of us.

We all  know it was the WIND.. that's MY story and I'm sticking to it..

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2021, 03:30 PM »
Great post Joe. It was a great day with great people!  Good to get all the Nomads together for one last trip.
Although as Frank and I reached the launch at the end of the day of the 2+ mile walk, I think we both said damn we hadn't walked that far to ice fish in years....lol   All good though, good exercise. Definitely much easier pull on the way out in the morning though.
And i was as surprised as you to see the Banned One sitting at the launch in the morning...lol unfortunately no snow for the artist to make his mark on this trip.
Thanks again...till next year fellas.
  The walk is a " healty" one for sure I'm surprised y old knees held up..no one can cause  us if fishing thev" easy" spots next to the ramp..

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2021, 05:02 PM »
Sounds like an awesome  day on the ice, kudos to you fishermen!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2021, 07:42 PM »
Hahahaha! Great post as well as replies!

Had The funnest trip of my short season this year! Started by replying to a text from salmonemia  and I planned to surprise all the others on a impromptu walk on water trip. Great time minus the fact I didn’t get a flag solely, that’s bow fishing. I’ll come thru next time! Thanks for the great day and accepting my opinions as I am like adults fellas! Orrrrrr? Maybe you just agree  :P
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2021, 08:56 PM »
Great post.  Good get together.  We definitely logged some mileage yesterday.  Conditions were great for walking.   Good to see everyone and Jason those venison subs were great. That was a treat. Joe that camera was cool hard to believe those salmon eggs fell right to the bottom and never drifted out of sight. 
Salmonemia

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2021, 04:19 AM »
Great post,, Looks like everyone had a good time, and you got your exercise!

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2021, 09:01 AM »
way to get out there guys i'm surprised with that crew there were no monsters iced!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2021, 12:50 PM »
way to get out there guys i'm surprised with that crew there were no monsters iced!!
cant catch what's not there, it wasn't for lack of trying.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2021, 05:38 PM »
Nice work guys... :tipup:
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2021, 05:45 PM »
Awesome recall of what sounds like a fun day! Some of my best trips didn't involve the fish caught(or not caught), but the people I spent the day with. One of these days I would like to put some more faces to the names. Great core of good people on here!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2021, 06:29 PM »
Heh! I taught you well!  :roflmao:

Glad you guys were able to get together!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2021, 07:43 PM »
Ah I missed a good one!  Nice work guys.  I've already had the boat out!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 26, 2021, 09:29 AM »
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2021, 11:54 AM »
Ah I missed a good one!  Nice work guys.  I've already had the boat out!
You missed good company,  not good fishing.. I'm all set to brew tomorrow..and take the cover off of the boat Sunday..my wife was right "it"  never ends.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2021, 11:56 AM »
Sitting here at lunch playing  with my phone, decided out of curiosity to check the web cam on lake X where we stood onn18" of ice 9 days ago.. white caps!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2021, 12:20 PM »
Wow, that went quick. I checked the cam Friday and it was probably plankable... Looks nearly boat worthy now.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2021, 01:42 PM »
Been checking out web cams all morning - hoping to find some hope that a trip north tomorrow and Wednesday wouldn't be in vain.  After seeing what I can, I am starting to think south into the warm waters of Mass or west in to the Connecticut river may be a better use of time and fuel.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2021, 02:14 PM »
Wow, that went quick. I checked the cam Friday and it was probably plankable... Looks nearly boat worthy now.
looks like that wind that we all battled all winter got the final say.. ripped the scab right off!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2021, 08:44 PM »
You missed good company,  not good fishing.. I'm all set to brew tomorrow..and take the cover off of the boat Sunday..my wife was right "it"  never ends.

What are you brewing Joe? I just bottled 36 gallons of wine of various flavors.

Just add water.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 31, 2021, 07:35 AM »
What are you brewing Joe? I just bottled 36 gallons of wine of various flavors.

Black IPA, Saturday I'm brewing a Coffee Porter.
That's alot of wine..
I did 21 5 gallon batches last year..like you with the wine a little if everything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.