Author Topic: Getting nasty  (Read 1922 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Getting nasty
« on: Feb 28, 2021, 02:10 PM »
Lakes region ice is getting ugly ..we either need a good freeze or a big warm up..bass bite is hot at least
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Tony Thunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Getting nasty
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2021, 02:17 PM »
Good low digits at night still coming

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2021, 03:19 PM »
Good freeze coming toward the end of the week.  It will make for much better traveling as the snow will continue to compact and then freeze hard at the end of the week.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2021, 01:26 PM »
Took the hardside off even though we still have plenty of Ice in SE NH. It is messy water on the ice today.  Happy to have a decent year in the hardside.  The ice can go really fast in my area and last week and this week really don't look good here for temps except Tuesday. 

Offline BHardy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2021, 01:43 PM »
I took a walk out today to check on my hardside in the Lakes Region.  I was fully prepared to have to either move it, remove it or jack it up.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had to none of the above.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2021, 03:14 PM »
I took a walk out today to check on my hardside in the Lakes Region.  I was fully prepared to have to either move it, remove it or jack it up.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had to none of the above.

Looks like it’s sitting pretty! How’d the lakes look around the lakes region? Snow all gone? Just trying to game plan if I’m gonna struggle keeping my snowmobile happy this weekend

Tight Lines!

Offline BHardy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2021, 03:50 PM »

Every lake is a little different but today on the walk out I found a mix of 8” of slush and completely snow free areas.  This week is looking good with temps during the day to melt and then refreeze overnight.   I think things will be easily manageable by the weekend

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2021, 07:37 PM »
I'm still high and dry so the wheelhouse stays out a little longer.

"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2021, 08:34 PM »
Took the hardside off even though we still have plenty of Ice in SE NH. It is messy water on the ice today.  Happy to have a decent year in the hardside.  The ice can go really fast in my area and last week and this week really don't look good here for temps except Tuesday.
headed your way Saturday ..2 more trips down there I hope
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2021, 09:03 PM »
headed your way Saturday ..2 more trips down there I hope
Me too  ;)
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2021, 09:05 PM »
Took a spin over to find ya after fishing 2 weeks ago but didn't see the house out. Hope you guys did well this year
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2021, 03:10 PM »
Me too  ;)

It froze back up nicely last night with the wind.  Bring your cleats.  Should be fine.

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2021, 09:01 AM »
The ice conditions have been terrible from the start. Only had the wheeler out once. We fish at around 1500 ft and last week we belly panned the gator on tracks. Had to drill a hole and winch a few feet forward to get er going again..., a rare event with that beast. But it happens now and again! Double layer of ice with water in between... Walking is almost out of the question! Breaking thru the 2 inches of sleet we got on every step, calf deep, slush and water. No wonder most people are fishing near boat launches/parking. I long for the days of firm surfaces and better ice travel.

But yes the bass bite is on, thank goodness.. There are some good drain holes to watch for too! Soon we will drag the BH across the big water to the shallow cove, if its still there after these big winds we've had! Be safe all!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.