The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Waterbury Reservoir smelt  (Read 4637 times)

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
Re: Waterbury Reservoir smelt
« Reply #30 on: Feb 11, 2021, 07:57 PM »
They need to put walleye back in. They were there originally until they drained it.
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2021, 06:46 AM »
Boat size restriction would be nice, don’t need a bunch of yahoo’s in 20’ ski boats beating the heck out of the lake.
Won’t ever happen though.
It’s obvious the state doesn’t care.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline fishbbc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2021, 02:02 PM »
I agree with a boat size restriction. I troll with my 16 foot boat but I also don't want to see 28 footers out there with planer boards out 150' on each side. You have to use some common sense in regards to the size of the water body. I'm happy to share the water with all but people need to use their heads a bit. The problem with Waterbury is it's right off the interstate. You don't see as much foolishness on more remote bodies of water.

Offline Dawn Breaks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2021, 07:34 PM »
I agree with a boat size restriction. I troll with my 16 foot boat but I also don't want to see 28 footers out there with planer boards out 150' on each side. You have to use some common sense in regards to the size of the water body. I'm happy to share the water with all but people need to use their heads a bit. The problem with Waterbury is it's right off the interstate. You don't see as much foolishness on more remote bodies of water.

You can thank the Eisenhowers for that.  Just like technology and the internet it is a double edged sword.  All the more reason to put in the time and find a honey hole of your own.  Feels better when you did the homework and put a meal on the table or a smile on your or a kid's face.

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #34 on: Feb 13, 2021, 09:49 AM »
You can thank the Eisenhowers for that.  Just like technology and the internet it is a double edged sword.  All the more reason to put in the time and find a honey hole of your own.  Feels better when you did the homework and put a meal on the table or a smile on your or a kid's face.

did that pike come out of the Rez? If so it’s the first photo of one I’ve seen in there. I’ve heard rumors..
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline Dawn Breaks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 14, 2021, 08:52 PM »
No St. Catherine.  Just a shot of my kid with a smile.  :)  I went to Paul Smith's 95-97.  Great area.  I went to school there during the fires.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.