Author Topic: Bubblers ? And Crystal Lake So MAD  (Read 3838 times)

Offline justona

• IceShanty Rookie
Bubblers ? And Crystal Lake So MAD
« on: Jan 29, 2021, 06:40 AM »
I live right on crystal lake been seeing people ice fishing near the boat launch.  I unfortunately cant get out on the ice as both of my neighbors are lazy and wont take out their docks and have decided to use bubblers.  Any one else seeing an increase in bubbler usage at CT Lakes.  Its very unfair that my neighbors on both sides of me can take away my right to use the lake in the winter.  Im fuming mad :%$#!:  Here are picks of my fromt and then both my neighbors with docks and bubblers on each side

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bubblers ? And Crystal Lake So MAD
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2021, 06:44 AM »
put your dock in right out to the ice  ;)2

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2021, 06:47 AM »
Contact DEEP and see if they pulled permits.  Most states you absolutely need them. 

Offline justona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2021, 06:50 AM »
yeah easier said then done if it did freeze i loose my dock costing me thousands. Not to mention my dock comes out in about 50 pieces

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2021, 06:55 AM »
Lake life my friend....third world problems.  I'd probably do what I said and contact DEEP..in NY malicious owners point their ice eaters at local access and I enjoy battling with them and the government every year.  The good news is your neighbors are just flushing cash. 

Offline justona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2021, 07:16 AM »
I did contact DEEP Connecticut has no rules on them at all

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2021, 07:29 AM »
Interesting.  I happen to know the right guy to poke on the subject.  How deep do you want to go?  I'm happy to try to start a conversation with the state about it but at some point you'd need to get involved. 

Offline justona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2021, 07:41 AM »
Id love to take this as far as I can go.  Please point me in any direction that I can go and any contacts .  Ive contacted the state and Ellington and Stafford no luck so far.  Not fair to me and my children to loose access to lake for activities in the winter.  Not to mention someone could easily get hurt or even worse killed.  Thanks id appreciate any help I can get

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2021, 07:52 AM »
Start with Mike, he can point you in the right direction.  [email protected]

Hes responsible for all of the public outreach from the fisheries division.  He won't be directly involved but I know he can get you to the right people.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2021, 07:53 AM »
Got a rowboat on the property? I've paddled across 40 feet of open water and fished 14" of ice on the main lake. I know it doesn't solve your immediate problem regarding walking out. Obviously worse yet if you've got an ATV or sled for ice transport.

Is this the first year they've done this? Maybe karma has the wind blowing hard into your shore at break up and trashes their stuff. Seen that happen too. I've got frontage in a northwest corner and ice rarely blows onto the shore. So much so that I was tempted to leave stuff out one year. Then we got a big blow from the southeast and ice stacked in the yard like a 60 car pile-up on the freeway.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline justona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2021, 10:01 AM »
This is the first year that I have had one on each side of me last year the entire lake never froze but the previous 2 years i had one on only one side and it wasn't as bad

Offline justona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2021, 12:33 PM »
@iowaccord66 I did send an email to Mike thanks for the contact info much appreciated.  Hopefully he responds with some info

Offline hooper22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2021, 12:34 PM »
Here's what I would do after cooling off. Talk to the more reasonable one and offer to help remove (if they are impaired in anyway) the dock for next year while explaining you and your kids disappointment.
I think any reasonable person doesn't want to ruin someone's good time if they can help it. Maybe they just don't realize what they're doing to your enjoyment of the lake.

If you go after them with the state you may get them shut off now but they will most certainly take the necessary steps to do it legit and then you have no recourse.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2021, 12:39 PM »
I'm not one to advocate for lawsuits, but I would think CT lawyers would see this as your neighbors creating and maintaining a hazardous condition. One person goes in and the neighbors are in deep, that would solve your problem. Hope it doesn't happen, just sayin.

Offline justona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2021, 12:59 PM »
@hooper22 I have talked to both of my neighbors and offered to help in and out and they wont budge.  I have explained that me and my kids want to use the lake.  So far the DEEP keeps pushing off on the towns and the towns push back on the DEEP.

@eiderz I agree im not either but someone is going to get hurt or killed

Offline Chawk190

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2021, 01:24 PM »
Not the optimal solution but are there any neighbors that aren’t affected who may allow you and your family to access safe ice via their property?

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2021, 01:29 PM »
Is there safe ice on the rest of the lake ?

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2021, 02:51 PM »
Get a float suit, take a swim, call a lawyer   @)

Offline hooper22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2021, 03:16 PM »
@hooper22 I have talked to both of my neighbors and offered to help in and out and they wont budge.  I have explained that me and my kids want to use the lake.  So far the DEEP keeps pushing off on the towns and the towns push back on the DEEP.

@eiderz I agree im not either but someone is going to get hurt or killed

Well then it's game on! I would do everything I can To make their life miserable

Offline justona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2021, 06:47 PM »
Crystal is open in the middle cause of another idiot that has a massive bubbler .  There are just so many this year but there is about 6 inches at the boat launch and people have been out there all week. 

But yes its game on with my neighbors just wait until the summer.  Ill find everyway to piss them off, Music loud and let the kids play their rap music with swearing left and right and whatever else I can think of. 

Offline justona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 30, 2021, 05:12 PM »
Killed me today to watch people ice fishing when i can access the ice. it was like a river still out in front of my house even with the cold temps all day. I had selfish neighbors.   Maybe I should get a flag for my flag pole that's in front of the lake that says "both my neighbors are selfish they use bubblers in the winter so my kids cant ice skate" .  Think that would make them stop using bubblers?

Offline mrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2021, 05:48 PM »
go cut the power to them

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 30, 2021, 05:56 PM »
Go to the launch. You have a shorter ride than I. Best solution for now anyways.

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 30, 2021, 06:56 PM »
I live about a half mile from the water, and by that I mean a brook, a few ponds, and long island sound. Which means I have to drive a half mile to fish. You're a lakefront property owner. You aren't getting any sympathy
from me.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Jan 30, 2021, 09:01 PM »
I live about a half mile from the water, and by that I mean a brook, a few ponds, and long island sound. Which means I have to drive a half mile to fish. You're a lakefront property owner. You aren't getting any sympathy
from me.

I understand where you are coming from...wait until your favorite public access is ruined by a bubbler.  May not be an issue in CT yet but in NY they are a constant problem at some of the big lakes...

Offline Crusty Dave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2021, 05:58 AM »
In New Hampshire, bubblers require a permit and a large sign saying "Danger Thin Ice". In recent years they have also passed regulation that the bubbler cannot impact a neighbor's access to the ice.  That language might be a good start to get CT lawmakers on the ball to protect everyone's lake rights.

Offline justona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Feb 01, 2021, 08:29 AM »
Exactly is is a huge safety risk its not just about my access although it does piss me off.  I have contacted everyone possible Senators, State reps, town officals, DEEP so far just everyone pushing it on someone else and no one wants to act on it or take responsibility. Unfortunately nothing probably will be done until a big incident or accident happens in CT 

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #27 on: Feb 01, 2021, 08:40 AM »
Go to your favorite local TV news person and see if they'll do a clip on it for the local news. Best way to get a lot of attention and take a poke at the right folk.  ;)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #28 on: Feb 01, 2021, 09:23 AM »
Scuba gear and some snips. ;D
or wack that tree with an axe..looks like a bridge waiting to happen...then structure in the spring .. ::)

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #29 on: Feb 02, 2021, 05:22 AM »
Be careful what you wish for in the satiate of connect I tax and regulate.
New rule. No fisherman may access a body of water with dock bubblers.
There is a trend to disallow sportsmen to access and use our natural resources.

You have no idea how hard it is for me to access hunting property in my area of New Milford. Tons of huge estates with people from NY that will not allow anyone to go out. I asked a neighbor if I could ice fish his pond. He sent me a link to public fishing areas.  I texted back, “Thanks neighbor.”

To your point, very few people like ice fishermen out on the ice. It ruins their view as well as their peace and quiet. Your neighbors have no right to limit your access to the ice. Some of us actually enjoy the winter season on the water more than the summer. You pay waterfront taxes and a higher price for your home for the ability to walk from you yard onto the water.  You do have a case here.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.