The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Re: post your ice reports(oakland CO. and area)  (Read 14515 times)

walleyechaser

Re: post your ice reports(oakland CO. and area)
« Reply #150 on: Mar 07, 2006, 10:12 AM »
Looks like rain starting tomorrow. 
I'll probably just be hitting Pontiac again.  Going to be iffy

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #151 on: Mar 07, 2006, 10:13 AM »
i was out on white lake last night...nothing spectacular but it was a nice day to be on the ice...probably the last too..so we savoured the moment..lol

thanks for the report guys.
hey, was that you in the fishtrap i talked with?  
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #152 on: Mar 07, 2006, 10:23 AM »
heading out to white lake in a minute.  i was reading lots of shellcrackers off the bottom in 20 fow.  love those shellcrackers. 
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

flockshot

« Reply #153 on: Mar 07, 2006, 10:37 AM »
we were a good ways from the boat launch a little closer to white lake inn...you might have seen some younger guys sittin on buckets...if so..that was us

flockshot

« Reply #154 on: Mar 09, 2006, 07:30 AM »
well...thats it for this year.. :-\ :-\ see you all on myfishfinder.com....lo l...nice meeting and talking to you all and i had fun keeping up the ice updates...ill do it again next year..have a good spring y'all...i know i will

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #155 on: Mar 10, 2006, 12:21 PM »
i hate fishing white lake from the boatlaunch.  its a shame they closed the beerstore.  that was my favorite fishing spot.  try to get on white lake on a weekend, its "hey maaaaan lookit mah SLEEEED maaaan, it goes 90 mph.  watch this "WEEEEEH WEEEEEEEEEEHHH WEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH"  back and forth, back and forth.  300 dudes standing around, "heeeey man, tuff sled deeuude, yeah man my blah blah blah, so i tricked it out man. goes 300 mph watch this "WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH WEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH" back and forth.  i think white lake is a transplant area for people from mars, or like, arkansas.  buncha drunk dudes in their mid 20s, long hair, goattees, even see a mullett from time to time.  just rocketing back and forth at 100 mph.  all of them have new pickup trucks, and trailers.  they all look like professional racers.  but theyre not.  someones going to get killed on that lake for sure.  who are all these strange rednecks?  how can they afford those toys, when they cant barely get out a sentence without saying the "F" word?  ive actually run into a few guys with southern accents.  i ask "where you from"  they say "here"  huh?  why you talking like youre from down south?  am i completely insane?  or has anyone else seen this strange behavior?  ok, i just needed to rant.  im not ready for the icefishing season to be over. im going to have to let go
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

walleyechaser

« Reply #156 on: Mar 13, 2006, 07:04 AM »
Those are probably the same guys that race around our boats with their jet skis.  I have witnessed that behavior.  Too many times.

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #157 on: Mar 13, 2006, 07:34 AM »
Those are probably the same guys that race around our boats with their jet skis.  I have witnessed that behavior.  Too many times.
you ever fish behind the beer store on white lake?  man i hope they open that store up again.  great fishing in that bay
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

walleyechaser

« Reply #158 on: Mar 13, 2006, 10:08 AM »
I've never once fished white lake.  The launch is a pain in the arse.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.