Author Topic: The right eggs?  (Read 5107 times)

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The right eggs?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 18, 2021, 05:04 PM »
It's about that feeling you get when the eggs are gone. Blood starts pumping. Then you get the day when you check and all your holes have eggs missing and don't know where to put the jacker. It's definitely an addiction. I haven't been able to get to any of my rainbow spots yet. Hopefully after this week's cold spell
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 18, 2021, 07:42 PM »
You did everything right with your bow trip, Stealth.
They will show up for you by & by.
Good luck.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 18, 2021, 08:28 PM »
Aren’t most of those eggs actually made from processed corn? Maybe that’s why the tank gill was munching down?

Either way, I’ve enjoyed reading through the thread. Although I’m kind of shocked seeing stealth switch it up, maybe I need to go after some green trout!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 19, 2021, 07:14 AM »
Aren’t most of those eggs actually made from processed corn? Maybe that’s why the tank gill was munching down?

Either way, I’ve enjoyed reading through the thread. Although I’m kind of shocked seeing stealth switch it up, maybe I need to go after some green trout!

Times are a changing Z lol...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Jetmec89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • USAF
« Reply #64 on: Jan 19, 2021, 07:29 AM »
Yeah it's about time I change things up, I have a bunch of great bass/crappie/yellow ponds within 15 minutes of me that tend to be quiet and empty. Most of the local to me  trout waters get hit hard and are usually packed... Last year I took a ride over to Silver in Nelson, I crush smallies there in the summer but know it's also a great trout water, 6:30 in the morning and the parking was swamped, must have been 50 guys already setting up in a spot the size of a football field in front of the launch, hooting and hollering before the sun was up lol... Went on to one of my peaceful bass spots.
If I travel a little further I'm sure I'll find "quieter" trout waters.

Sometimes that's a good thing. I've used crowds to my advantage before and stayed in the quietest part of the lake and just smashed trout all morning. 
Grab me a beer woman!!!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 19, 2021, 08:18 AM »
Way to get out Ray... glad you started the process.

We'll have to talk about all those local ponds you are neglecting once you become a trout fishermen... someone has to "feed" the bass and crappie.  :)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jan 19, 2021, 08:32 AM »
Way to get out Ray... glad you started the process.

We'll have to talk about all those local ponds you are neglecting once you become a trout fishermen... someone has to "feed" the bass and crappie.  :)

LOL... I'm branching out but not abandoning my roots... Hit me up when you have a free Saturday or Sunday, we'll chase warm water critters.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Jan 20, 2021, 07:09 AM »
LOL... I'm branching out but not abandoning my roots... Hit me up when you have a free Saturday or Sunday, we'll chase warm water critters.

For sure - and maybe venture for some trout as well..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.