Author Topic: First time out Winchester  (Read 1290 times)

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
First time out Winchester
« on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:32 PM »
Had a good perch day jigging, all on spikes. I kept 8 decent perch out of about 15 or 16. They all came in about a 1/2 hour period around 2 p.m.
Beer batter perch chunks. My grand kids call them "fish wings". 

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: First time out Winchester
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2021, 08:35 PM »
Nice report.
Had you hopping.

Offline BWB-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2021, 10:03 AM »
Nice haul!!
I think you are the only one catching anything out of Winchester.  ;D
I was there on Sunday and other than a few small pickerel I didn't see anything of relevance.
Good job!
"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago". Zane Grey

"The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming; thus it is with time". Leonardo DaVinci

Offline tjb22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2021, 02:29 PM »
Nice job, I was out there on Sunday also, lots of people and little sign of any fish. 1st trip, 1st skunk...hopefully 2nd trip is better. Never fished the south end, hopefully the north stump field will freeze up along with a few other bodies of water and take some pressure off that lake. Still  better than splitting and stacking next years firewood.

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2021, 03:34 PM »
I was at the southern end of the lake maybe 100 yards north of the launch. I tried to find the deepest water with my gps and set up a line of holes between 12'-16'. Here is a good map if you don't have gps.  https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gpsnauticalcharts.com%2Fmain%2Fus_ct_ctserv_winchester_lake-winchester-lake-nautical-chart.html&psig=AOvVaw2OycEG4VSPKrdildBa1idt&ust=1610573312721000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAMQjB1qFwoTCIiJ-KWrl-4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Offline Low Bones

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:48 AM »
Love perch nuggets, I was out Sunday also jigged in the morning for a bit but nothing and finally around 11:30 got a flag and landed one perch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.