Author Topic: NH EPO's and Covid restrictions  (Read 1957 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
NH EPO's and Covid restrictions
« on: Dec 31, 2020, 06:01 PM »
anyone know how NH EPO's are treating out of state people as far as the NH Covid regulations, quarantining and covid testing? Trying to figure if It would be worth my while to get a NH fishing license. I'm from MA and would be fishing southern NH.

Offline Boogerhook

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: NH EPO's and Covid restrictions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2020, 06:18 PM »

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2021, 05:50 AM »
Just go and set up your shelter on the ice and if anyone comes up to you........go inside your shelter and tell them your quarantining for 10 days......please go away 😂😂😂😀😀😀😂😂😂🎣🎣🎣🎣
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2021, 08:49 AM »
Here is what NH has posted

https://www.covidguidance.nh.gov/out-state-visitors
this is better news than Maine. Thanks.

Offline Steamtrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2021, 12:02 PM »
What are the Massachusetts restrictions?

Looking to pick up some new felt wading boots and visit the western part of the state.

Offline Gold Rush

• IceShanty Rookie
  • They don't call it a "bobhouse" for nothing...
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2021, 12:52 PM »
Just go and set up your shelter on the ice and if anyone comes up to you........go inside your shelter and tell them your quarantining for 10 days......please go away 😂😂😂😀😀😀😂😂😂🎣🎣🎣🎣
Good one!
You can't tell which way the train went by the tracks it left behind.

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2021, 05:59 AM »
anyone know how NH EPO's are treating out of state people as far as the NH Covid regulations, quarantining and covid testing? Trying to figure if It would be worth my while to get a NH fishing license. I'm from MA and would be fishing southern NH.

hey hammah,

I see about 50% mass plates on the NH highways, so I think you're OK, lol.

But I also see nearly 100% of cars pulled over having Mass plates.  Just my observation.  Lots of troopers out lately, too.  So, watch your speed...

I've been finding plenty of ice around Concord area...don't believe the reports of no ice.  Might have to check 1 or 2 spots, but plenty of ice once you find it.  Small, shallow, & sheltered is the magic formula right now.

Good luck!  :D

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2021, 10:23 AM »
hey hammah,

I see about 50% mass plates on the NH highways, so I think you're OK, lol.

But I also see nearly 100% of cars pulled over having Mass plates.  Just my observation.  Lots of troopers out lately, too.  So, watch your speed...

I've been finding plenty of ice around Concord area...don't believe the reports of no ice.  Might have to check 1 or 2 spots, but plenty of ice once you find it.  Small, shallow, & sheltered is the magic formula right now.

Good luck!  :D

You see a lot of cars get pulled over?  I'm from CT and have had no issues fishing all over new England.  I haven't been stopped, bugged or bothered since this thing started.  Haven't been to Maine...

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2021, 10:49 AM »
Half the trucks I saw parked at lakes yesterday had mass plates. I wouldn't be that worried
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2021, 10:55 AM »
Same as I saw in NY yesterday, lots of VT plates too.  Use common sense and you should be fine. 

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2021, 07:35 PM »
You see a lot of cars get pulled over?  I'm from CT and have had no issues fishing all over new England.  I haven't been stopped, bugged or bothered since this thing started.  Haven't been to Maine...

Yes, I saw 6-7 troopers in a 45 min trip y'day.  Maybe a boost in presence around New Years?

Only saw 3 troopers today, but 2 pulled over vehicles.  1 Mass plate, 1 NH plate.

Like you said, use common sense & you should be fine.

I saw a Mustang w/ Cali plates weaving in & out of traffic fast.  No common sense. My guess is that he'll either hit some ice further north & end off the road...or get pulled over in between...

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2021, 05:52 AM »
Definitely increase for new years.  Since my last post I've been to NY and Mass and has no issues.  Buddy came from VT and fished NY no issues and I'm going to head to VT soon myself. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.