The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: “Adopt” a lake?  (Read 1954 times)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
“Adopt” a lake?
« on: Dec 29, 2020, 07:53 PM »
Just got back from checking Shohola for a fellow Shanty member. I don’t fish it a lot, but it’s less than 15 min from my house. So if I know someone wants a report and I can check it, I do. My feeling is, if I can help someone out, maybe someone will help me out when I wanna fish Upper Woods, Duck Harbor, Harvey’s Lake, Winola or Merli Sarnoski which are all over an hour ride for me.

Just had a thought............... ..if we all “adopted” a lake or 2 that were within a 15 min drive of us, we could really help each other out.

So I will officially adopt Shohola, Lake Greeley and Lilly Pond in Pike County. If you want a report, just post on the report page- I will keep an eye out for it. And if you have a couple lakes within 15 min of you, please consider doing the same and adopt them!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline mitcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: “Adopt” a lake?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2020, 08:07 PM »
Good idea, from a good man.

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2020, 08:13 PM »
 I pass Slocum quite a bit. Not that anybody wants to go there lol. Shallow side frozen, some open water off the dam.

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2020, 07:16 AM »
Totally agree.  I'm on the west side though.   I can manage Lake Arthur (muddy creek), Harbor Acres, and Glade Dam (moniteau).

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2020, 11:08 AM »
Good idea, from a good man.

Thank you sir!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline rlusk3030

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2020, 03:27 PM »
I’ll take Shawnee SP, and when they fill it back up somerset.

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2021, 02:44 PM »
Francis Slocum update. Lake is fully capped. You can see the fresh areas that likely froze last night. The dam area and just to the left of the park boat launch. They were open a couple days ago. Shallow side had several holes drilled out a 100' or more from shore right where the road comes down. That side has been covered for a while.

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2021, 03:26 PM »
 One person on Slocum today. They were on the deep side of the neck, around the pipe area. Looks like they accessed from Carverton road, down the hill.

Offline mitcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:03 PM »
A few people fishing Sylvan Lake Yesterday. Four inches of ice, but thinner the further out you go.

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2021, 05:16 PM »
A few people fishing Sylvan Lake Yesterday. Four inches of ice, but thinner the further out you go.

Reports I got is limited area with safe ice. A guy I know said he was on 4" drilled a hole twenty feet away and it was 2".

Offline mitcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2021, 05:23 PM »
I did not go out on the ice. But that's what i was told 3 inches here 4 inches there. Not safe enough for me to venture out.

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2021, 04:42 PM »
Two guys on the shallow side of Slocum today. Out from the boat rental/concession stand.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.