The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Southern Michigan Ice Fishing  (Read 5885 times)

Offline topwaterbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Southern Michigan Ice Fishing
« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2021, 02:20 PM »
I checked 7 lakes around the Irish Hills today. 2.5" was the thickest I found. 2 lakes still had open water.
Thanks for the reports.

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2021, 06:23 AM »
Is there public access for Coldwater Lake? Found a post from years ago that references The Campground and Shawnee, but can't seem to find them on a map. There are several campgrounds.

I'm thinking about a weekend trip to Irish Hills (if it's safe) or Coldwater. I'm looking to scratch the itch and ice some crappies - I'm catch and release only.
      I live on Coldwater. The PA is on the main lake which is currently open water. Shawnee shoals is a series of large channels on the south end. there are a few guys getting on there. It's not good yet and there is no access unless you know someone. I can let you know when things get good for this area as well as N. In. there are many lakes in Stueben Co.

Offline beardedangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2021, 01:13 PM »
Sounds good, CW. Will keep an eye out here for updates. Thanks!

Offline dmckinley

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2021, 02:36 PM »
I spud checked out in front of Archer Lake Marina this afternoon. Only about 1.5" off the end of the dock. Long way to go.

Offline bmyrkle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 09, 2021, 04:18 PM »
Easy to find public access spots in Barry and Eaton County lakes right now with 3 to 5 good inches. Checked several places today.
"I get asked, 'what's your favorite fish to catch?' Well, it's red lines on my Vexilar. I don't care what's down there. I just want to go out and catch something." -- Dave Genz

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 10, 2021, 10:28 AM »
3.5 inches on my lake. Clark, Wamplers, Vineyard, and Columbia channels have fisherpeople.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:03 AM »
3 1/2" to 4" along the Michiana line. Most smaller lakes and channels have fishable ice. Get it while you can! I seen temps back up to 40 this week >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.