The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Jackson Lake  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Mountainmack

• IceShanty Rookie
Jackson Lake
« on: Dec 10, 2020, 04:52 PM »
I am new to this forum and reside in West Yellowstone, Montana.  I was wondering if anyone new the ice conditions of Jackson Lake in Grand Teton.  Anyone ice fishing the lake yet?

Offline Mohawk Garage

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Jackson Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2020, 09:44 PM »
Welcome, I used to live in Livingston but now reside at the bottom of wyoming. So I'm not much help for the ice conditions up there

Offline fishonDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2020, 08:47 PM »
I’ve already fished sargents bay. It had about 6-7 inches of ice. That was last weekend. People have been ice skating at signal Mtn. I’m sure you could there. It’s easy walking right now. There not a lot snow up here

Offline Mountainmack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2020, 09:14 PM »
Thank you for the info fishonDan!  I have found it difficult to get ice fishing information on Jackson Lake.  Last year, I went down to Jackson Lake ice fishing for Lake Trout and had great success.  Thinking about trying Signal Mountain; sounds like plenty of ice.  How did you do at Sargents Bay?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2020, 08:06 AM »
Welcome to the shanty Mountainmack, check over here when you get one more post

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=292678.0

We have a reports and condition's boards for most lakes in Wyoming that will open up for you when you get 3 posts. Feel free asking over there and also we would love to see some reports. Jackson lake gets some good action on those macs. It would also help other I.S. members to know your location that you can put in your profile. Again welcome to the site
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Mountainmack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2020, 08:18 PM »
Thank you for the info, much appreciated!

Offline Mountainmack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2020, 08:39 PM »
I went out from Signal Mountain Lodge 2 days ago and caught this 30 incher, which I released back to the depths of Jackson Lake. There was 6 inches of clear ice beneath the slush and slop.  For all of you ice fisherman who fish lakes with a lot of snow and slush like Jackson Lake and Hebgen Lake, do yourself a favor and build a "Smitty Sled".  This will make your travels across the lake much easier.  If I were to build it different, I would use downhill skis rather than cross country skis.  Cross country skis have uneven thicknesses across the length of the ski, but its the only thing I could find for cheap at secondhand stores.

Offline HunterK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2020, 08:21 AM »
Thanks for the info mountainmac! I just got a one man flip this year but haven’t consolidated so I’ve been pulling my recon100 along with my auger in my pelican sled. It’s really slowed me down so I’m
Trying to get it all in the 100. I have piles of beater skis so I’m gonna try and get crafty!

Offline Mountainmack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:06 PM »
HunterK, go on youtube and scour the dozens of videos of how to build a "Smitty Sled", very helpful for me!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.