New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: what happened too....  (Read 4804 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
what happened too....
« on: Dec 09, 2020, 02:12 AM »
hey what ever happened to all our old  mods  some i haven't seen in years .....  LoneWolf, ChenBassHead, Pasquatch, cold_feet, Bussman, adkRoy, prchslyr be nice to know  what they are up too and  how they are  doing.....that goes for old members  that we don't see any more also

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: what happened too....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2020, 05:54 AM »
I know prchslayer is still around probably hasn’t been on yet

Jamey was last on this past March.... ;)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2020, 06:04 AM »
You can do a member search on them. Profiles will show the last time they were active. Should help you a little.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline PACKERBACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2020, 06:13 AM »
Hi gang,
While I was never a moderator, but I did join Ice Shanty in 2003. I've met and fished with some great guys from the site. I was also proud to represent Ice Shanty for the 2 years that they held the ice fishing shows in Syracuse at the On Center with RGFixit. I got to meet Dave Genz and Scott Brauer (Maki Plastics) at those shows. I'd like to see more shows like that. RG and I became good friends and have fished and played a lot of golf together. I remember a few Ice Fishaholics meetings at the Bayside in Webster. We would have a few beers, cheeseburgers and exchange jigs. I still fish but I've slowed down a little. I'm a walker and sometimes I get a little worn out with a long pull to the spots with no machine. I'm glad to see you young guys keeping the site going. Good fishing and tight lines.

Packerbacker                                                                                           
Winners don't know they're in a race.

They just like to run.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2020, 06:51 AM »
Means we can write the nastiest stuff on here and the post won't be removed >:D :roflmao:
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2020, 07:51 AM »
Hi gang,
While I was never a moderator, but I did join Ice Shanty in 2003. I've met and fished with some great guys from the site. I was also proud to represent Ice Shanty for the 2 years that they held the ice fishing shows in Syracuse at the On Center with RGFixit. I got to meet Dave Genz and Scott Brauer (Maki Plastics) at those shows. I'd like to see more shows like that. RG and I became good friends and have fished and played a lot of golf together. I remember a few Ice Fishaholics meetings at the Bayside in Webster. We would have a few beers, cheeseburgers and exchange jigs. I still fish but I've slowed down a little. I'm a walker and sometimes I get a little worn out with a long pull to the spots with no machine. I'm glad to see you young guys keeping the site going. Good fishing and tight lines.

Packerbacker                                                                                         

Them shows were great.  Lots of information was talked about.  Loved talking with genz, and Scott 2 very good fisherman.  Match the hatch.  After the show I added lots of Maki plastics to the tackle bag.   Tight lines. 
Just enjoying life

Offline hardwater Rick

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE SMALL ONES BACK!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2020, 08:59 AM »
Hi gang,

Packerbacker                                                                                         

I remember the good ole days, at the bayside and fishing Sodus,  Do not do much ice fishing anymore, spend a lot of time in NC with family..,  Happy Holidays and stay safe  GO PACK GO

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2020, 09:10 AM »
Means we can write the nastiest stuff on here and the post won't be removed >:D :roflmao:

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2020, 09:48 AM »
if  dacker  comes  up missing  we'll know  he's  following the dead and  phish  living in a  vw  bus  somewhere   :roflmao:

i was  just  wondering  how  they been  and  what they were  up to  they  were  always  good  guys ......

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2020, 07:51 AM »

No.you dont...

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2020, 07:58 AM »
No.you dont...

nailed it lowaccord. I searched "perchslayer" and there were only a handful of usernames with 100+ posts, none of whom have been active in over 3 years.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2020, 08:33 AM »
You can do a member search on them. Profiles will show the last time they were active. Should help you a little.

You can go on the top of page and it shows all mods name and you can click on them and see when the last time they have been active...

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2020, 08:34 AM »
nailed it lowaccord. I searched "perchslayer" and there were only a handful of usernames with 100+ posts, none of whom have been active in over 3 years.

Its spelled  prchslyr    ;)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2020, 08:44 AM »

Jamey, prchslyr  , was last on this past March.... ;)

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 2020, 08:55 AM »
   Its spelled  prchslyr    ;)

ahhhh appreciate the correction. I did search a few different combos of "perchslayer" but didnt try that one.

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2020, 08:56 AM »
No.you dont...

Because I’m going to listen to a guy from Iowa

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Dec 15, 2020, 09:37 AM »

What's wrong with Iowa?

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #17 on: Dec 15, 2020, 09:43 AM »
What's wrong with Iowa?

Ahhhh...isn't IOWA an acronym?  :whistle: Just kidding.  ;)2
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 15, 2020, 09:49 AM »
What's wrong with Iowa?

LOL, I or L it's all the same with one eye closed...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Dec 15, 2020, 11:27 AM »

Its Low Honda Accord..   Not even close to the state of Iowa..     Low lives in Conn...

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #20 on: Dec 15, 2020, 02:25 PM »
LoneWolf is still around.  I fish with him few times a year.  He doesn't run IceShanty Tourney anymore so probably not around as much anymore.   

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2020, 04:21 PM »

Don’t count on it!

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2020, 10:48 PM »
HA!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline bosco2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2020, 07:17 AM »
My pet peev is the tangential banter on the “reports & conditions” side of things. If the mods keep a lid on that I will be happy. If not, then that’s my issue to get over, I guess.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 17, 2020, 08:15 AM »
My pet peev is the tangential banter on the “reports & conditions” side of things. If the mods keep a lid on that I will be happy. If not, then that’s my issue to get over, I guess.

Tangential banter is half the fun.... ;D
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 17, 2020, 09:17 AM »
The political correct are goin to get you!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 17, 2020, 09:23 AM »
   Jamey, prchslyr  , was last on this past March.... ;)

He's been busy watching his kid shoot deer  ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 19, 2020, 07:54 PM »
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Did RG fixit throw in the towel? Can remember challenging him back years ago, got locked out for a few weeks. Can't win against a Mod.  lol I wish the mods would do it like that again. This site has gotten so hateful and loaded with bullies and grumpy old men.
"Can't catch'em if you are on the couch!"

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Dec 19, 2020, 08:40 PM »
Be careful or people will think you are 1 of them - this is the 2nd post of yours that I've seen in the last few minutes where you are complaining about a group of people and being grumpy.  ;D
just getting back in action tonight, got my gear ready and being patient. Yep I've posted three time about the grumpy old men . It's because this site isn't what it was at first. Everyone got along, guys actually helped each other out. In the last few years I've seen some guys get torn up pretty good for asking simple questions. It has gotten ugly threads get locked, then everyone suffers. No I'm not a Mod thank God! lol it's seems to be a thankless job.

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Dec 19, 2020, 08:46 PM »
Don’t count on it!

Rg
hey RG there you are!  Nope dont count on it. I can remember being locked out years ago for crossing you.... I dont even remember what it was about....lol lesson learned never get into a pissing contest with a mod cause ya cant win!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.