Author Topic: Vexilar Lithium Battery  (Read 514 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Vexilar Lithium Battery
« on: Nov 20, 2020, 10:07 AM »
Another option and possibly some deals in the future ...and can use your existing Vexilar charger

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Vexilar Lithium Battery
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2020, 05:13 PM »
The local L&M store was selling them for around $60. I just checked their website and they have the Vexilar lithium batteries priced at $59.99 without the charger.

Offline ryguy80

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2020, 06:59 PM »
Ordered one from Scheelís. Paid about $60 for it. I like that you can use existing Vexilar battery chargers with. Got it for the Fish Scout camera. The Vexilar flashers are so energy efficient with the SLA batteries that it almost seems to be overkill to use Lithium.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2020, 07:22 PM »
Iím no expert on batteries or chargers, but Iíd be a little leery of using a SLA or a regular acid battery charger on a Lithium or Lithium Ion battery. Any input from anyone???
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣Ē

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2020, 07:50 PM »
Iím no expert on batteries or chargers, but Iíd be a little leery of using a SLA or a regular acid battery charger on a Lithium or Lithium Ion battery. Any input from anyone???
worst that can happen is it doesnt charge 100%.ive used a battery tender jr before.dakota said a regular charger can be used but may not charge completely because lithiums charge to higher voltage.almost 14v.I tested it and the battery tender charged it to 13.8 the same as my lithium charger.will work in a pinch but donít recommend making it a routine.

Offline ryguy80

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2020, 10:53 PM »
Well, I received my Vexilar lithium battery today and connected it to the Fish Scout camera. Used a V-410 charger (same one that Tom Z. had in the Vexilar video) that I had laying around that came with the camera originally, hooked up the camera to the charger, and plugged in the charger. Six hours later, the red light was still on the charger, so I unplugged it, figuring something was wrong at this point. The charger was pretty warm to the touch, so much that I placed it on a non-flammable surface to cool to avoid any chance of fire from the heat. So far I'm not impressed with this battery that was marketed as plug-and-play with existing equipment. The battery seems to have some sort of charge, but who knows how much.

I'm starting to loose faith in Vexilar a little bit. Over the summer, I had picked up a SonarPhone with the T-Pod, and the WiFi chip went out the first time out on the lake. To Vexilar's credit, they turned around and got it replaced very quickly after they had me run some tests to verify the defect. Add to that the original K-Drill ad they did recently was done in poor taste, but I digress.

Offline BreweryBuilder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2020, 08:23 AM »
Yea...I have a hard time believing what this guy says after that k-drill video...and I'm a k-drill fan. Love mine.

Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.