Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Bucket seat with back  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bucket seat with back
« on: Oct 16, 2020, 02:07 PM »
I normally sit on a Clam 6 gallon bucket when fishing outside or in my Frabill Recon. I've looked at a few bucket seats on line, but the ones I have looked at don't get great reviews. So I was wondering what others might be using. I would prefer something that has good back support, light weight and easy to get off and on.

Offline jckcowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bucket seat with back
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2020, 09:21 AM »
I use a hunting seat/bucket from “Wise outdoors”. I think it’s called a sport super seat. They have a seat with a back that fits on a bucket also.   I use the super seat for dove and duck hunting and it fits in my otter sled perfectly. Comes with a styrofoam insert cooler as well. Good luck. If you find something better, let me know.
Bad backs and ice fishing sucks!!! Lol

Offline Selfish Shack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2020, 05:29 PM »
I love my Bird N Buck seat. It too comes with a cooler insert. And it swivels! Rated up to 500lbs. Avaliable all over.

Offline jckcowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2020, 09:48 PM »

Look like it Should be the same one selfish shack has

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:45 AM »
Thanks I will need to check it out.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2020, 09:01 AM »
https://us.amazon.com/Frabill-Boat-Seat-Trunk-Black/dp/B01LWBEGX3 you could always make something like this....sportsmans trunk with boat seat

Catchin' Fish

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2020, 10:56 AM »
Anyone use one of these?

https://shop.hawkhunting.com/ergo-360-bucket-top-seat/

Looks better than the thin, flat, padded swivel seat I have now but haven't sat in one or seen one in person.

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2020, 04:16 PM »
Does it have to be a bucket seat? On the advice of this board, I bought one of these when on sale, very happy with it.

https://harborfreight.com/foldable-aluminum-sports-chair-green-62314.html
Maybe someday I'll think of something clever to write here...but I doubt it.

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2020, 05:52 PM »
Does it have to be a bucket seat? On the advice of this board, I bought one of these when on sale, very happy with it.

https://harborfreight.com/foldable-aluminum-sports-chair-green-62314.html

I have one but don't think that it will fit in my Recon. I'll check, but if it does I know that I won't be able to use the table. Also I am looking for something a bit more compact.

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 29, 2020, 12:42 PM »
Anyone use one of these?

https://shop.hawkhunting.com/ergo-360-bucket-top-seat/

Looks better than the thin, flat, padded swivel seat I have now but haven't sat in one or seen one in person.

That looks interesting. No back but says it supports lower back and spine. If it will fit my 6 gallon Clam bucket then I might order one.

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #11 on: Oct 29, 2020, 01:33 PM »
Sportsman's guide has the Splash Bucket Buddy which looks like a decent seat.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline NEWLEE

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Marcum then catch 'em
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2020, 08:41 AM »
Not a bucket seat but I've used this on the ice for 3 years now and it's a great chair, really like that it swivels.  I see the price has increased about $15 of coarse.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-swivel-hunting-chair-black?a=993827&szc=000&clrc=000&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItt39l8jh7AIVC77ACh3j2wCWEAQYBSABEgLWcvD_BwE

Offline jckcowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2020, 06:16 PM »
This is the model for a bucket. They have some available for the seat only with your own bucket or buy the combo

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2020, 11:27 AM »
This might be something to try. One on the right found about 25 yrs ago at West Okoboji. Made with plywood and cedar. Made ours with osb and cedar.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2020, 03:33 PM »
This might be something to try. One on the right found about 25 yrs ago at West Okoboji. Made with plywood and cedar. Made ours with osb and cedar.

A local person was making bucket seats like those years ago and most of our local bait shops stocked them. Then they kind of went by the wayside..
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 06, 2020, 07:59 AM »
That looks interesting. No back but says it supports lower back and spine. If it will fit my 6 gallon Clam bucket then I might order one.

Well, I ordered one yesterday. Delivery isn't for a couple weeks, must be short on stock, I'll come back and post on how it looks/feels. Figured with Amazon's return policy, it was worth a try for $26

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Nov 06, 2020, 09:08 AM »
Well, I ordered one yesterday. Delivery isn't for a couple weeks, must be short on stock, I'll come back and post on how it looks/feels. Figured with Amazon's return policy, it was worth a try for $26

I will be interested in what your thoughts are. I thought about it but I have a padded swivel seat for a 5 gallon bucket that doesn't fit properly on my 6 gallon Clam bucket.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 27, 2020, 02:00 PM »
I will be interested in what your thoughts are. I thought about it but I have a padded swivel seat for a 5 gallon bucket that doesn't fit properly on my 6 gallon Clam bucket.

It actually showed up early, last week. Feels pretty good, much better than the thinly padded snap on cover I was using. Not a lot of back support, but there is some. I tried it in 3 different 5 gallon buckets and it snapped on tight to all of them. It's flexible enough you can reach down to the ground/ice and the edges aren't going to dig into your leg, but you won't fall out of it. About the only negative I see is that the seat is so large that you can't use the wire handle of your bucket to carry it. Not an issue for me since I'm using this in a Clam Blazer which just has a bracket for a 5 gallon bucket instead of a seat. I suppose a guy could add some nylon rope I'd they needed to carry it that way.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 29, 2020, 03:10 PM »

Tried one....very uncomfortable due to no padding. If a jury had some padding they might be better. I gave mine away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.