Author Topic: Slow day for me, how'd everyone do?  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Steve01987

• Team IceShanty Regular
Slow day for me, how'd everyone do?
« on: Feb 22, 2020, 06:10 PM »
Fished about 5 or 6 hours today only managed 4 perch and one dink pickerel. One perch was pretty nice though. Hope everyone got out and did good.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Slow day for me, how'd everyone do?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2020, 06:17 PM »
I wasn’t out there so ya beat me!!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline raffi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2020, 06:24 PM »
Caught my first cusk 15 inches only took 5 nights

Offline Bobber Bob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2020, 06:38 PM »
Landed 2 yellow perch that we released and then caught 3 white perch the last 2 hours all on the same hole. We dug the hole with 2 hours left and it was a hot hole.

Offline Steve01987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2020, 07:10 PM »
Caught my first cusk 15 inches only took 5 nights

Nice work!

Offline Steve01987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2020, 07:34 PM »
Landed 2 yellow perch that we released and then caught 3 white perch the last 2 hours all on the same hole. We dug the hole with 2 hours left and it was a hot hole.

Gotta love the hot hole at the end of a day

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2020, 09:11 PM »
Nice day, spent with a good friend, alot of slush by afternoon,  shallow  bite early,  deep bite late.
 Plenty of fillets to go around.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2020, 11:37 PM »
We had a pretty productive day...... Landed maybe 12-13 whites only 6 were worth keeping. A few small crappie and a ton of dink yellows.
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2020, 02:55 AM »
We didnt get alot of flags but we caught 4 nice browns, 3 on tip ups and  1 jigging..17" 2@18 and a 19...pretty good day

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2020, 03:27 AM »
It was alright ..15 or so smallies and largemouth ..two perch and a few snakes..half of the fish were caught between  9 and 1030 and 1230 to 200
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2020, 05:22 AM »
It was alright ..15 or so smallies and largemouth ..two perch and a few snakes..half of the fish were caught between  9 and 1030 and 1230 to 200

That was prime time for our bite too, right in tune with solunar predictions..

Some one mentioned dink yellows, I was u der siege, by them in the morning,  isually( not always) it's a sign things are changing to a spring  pattern, we shall see how the next few weeks play out.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:38 AM »
Went to a new spot, f&g bathymetric map showed crappie and white perch... got around 20 little rat largemouth between 600 and 800 and then it shut down, covered a big area and no pans to be seen... was a beauty day just the same.... back to an old faithful spot this morning that usually gives up some big girls, slow so far but again another beauty day...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2020, 07:28 AM »
Took my two youngest to visit their grandparents in Maine. Pond right out the backdoor, luxury fish camp with the best cook you could ask for. ;)
Gorgeous suntan weather, coatless most of the day.
My youngest has a short attention span for fishing but he gets excited when fish are biting. He loves to pester his big brother so the fact that got the biggest fish so far made him happy.  ;D

Big brother is a serious hardcore fishin kid and he's gotten obsessed with jigging. Being a product of the Youtube age, he feels it's impossible to jig without electronics. I showed him how to locate structure and move around to find fish. He started out reluctantly but when the perch schools were right where I said they'd be, he got rollin and was soon pulling them out.
Bass and perch hit blade baits eagerly and pickeral kept the flags poppin.
The perch were eating sized but I knew we had fresh haddock on the menu so I dodged the dirty work of cleaning fish. The bald eagle hung around waiting for racks but left disappointed.
Another beautiful day today, be back at it shortly, after coffe. :tipup:

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2020, 08:13 AM »
fished southern NH pond yesterday and ended up with 3 jumbo perch and 1 bass about 1.5 lbs. Fish in the 1 foot area wouldn't even take a worm! fished 6 hrs. Was slow the day before in MA as well.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2020, 10:43 AM »
Put in 5 hours this morning. I knew it would be slow, fishing big baits for big largemouth. Had 1 flag, set the hook and felt some weight pulling hard but didn't give the respect I should have and she broke me off... Oh well, the sun sure felt good beating down on us...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Took some buddies kids out today, we got a couple largemouth, ton of yellows, couple Crappie, a single whitey, a huge bluegill, and a 16” rainbow. Nice grab bag for them it was fun to watch.  They got to see the wardens black lab as well they had fun

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2020, 04:53 PM »
Took some buddies kids out today, we got a couple largemouth, ton of yellows, couple Crappie, a single whitey, a huge bluegill, and a 16” rainbow. Nice grab bag for them it was fun to watch.  They got to see the wardens black lab as well they had fun

Nice.. great day for kids to be out there, nice grab bag for sure. Must have kept them busy.
Used the warm temps to service my wheeler.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #17 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:08 PM »
What an absolute gorgeous day weather wise and fishing....my buddy an I crushed it..we had a mixed bag of fish today
Blue gills...yellows, pickerel LMB whites and crappies...Ended up taking a dozen crappie home to fillet...
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:33 PM »

Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:50 PM »
Sounds like a lot of folks had good days!
So, the kids enjoyed Cora?  ;)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:56 PM »
Some great reports here. Love hearing about all the kids out there. Thats great.  Your all lucky.  My oldest is in the Desert somewhere and my youngest doesnt like fishing. Someday ill get my fishing buddy back I hope.
Salmonemia

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Feb 23, 2020, 07:46 PM »
Sounds like a lot of folks had good days!
So, the kids enjoyed Cora?  ;)

Yes they did. Real good dog

Offline jpease

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 23, 2020, 08:45 PM »

It's great that the wardens/ C.O.'s take some time with the kids. I have had positive interactions with all of the Nh C.O.'s I have encountered. Guess it helps to be playing on the legal side of things...

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 23, 2020, 09:06 PM »
It's great that the wardens/ C.O.'s take some time with the kids. I have had positive interactions with all of the Nh C.O.'s I have encountered. Guess it helps to be playing on the legal side of things...
Absolutely agree!
Yes she is. I've run into James many times on the job. Know his sister pretty well.
I first met Cora riding shot gun in his truck, as a pup, right after he got her. They're a good team.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 23, 2020, 09:31 PM »
Congrats to all that took advantage of the great weather with a good weekend of fishing... nice to have the occasional warm day but I hope we keep ice late into March...

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #25 on: Feb 24, 2020, 09:19 AM »
Took a ride up to Sunapee, got one laker about 15" and lost one that felt like it was legal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.