Author Topic: Pike in clear skinny water  (Read 944 times)

Offline jdeboer4

• IceShanty Rookie
Pike in clear skinny water
« on: Feb 18, 2020, 09:03 PM »
I love fishing for pike in shallow water. You might be suprised at fish cruising right under the ice. Both fish retreated to even shallower water.

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Re: Pike in clear skinny water
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2020, 09:07 PM »
Great post Thanks!

Offline mcarey97

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2020, 02:54 AM »
This is awesome footage

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2020, 08:51 AM »
Great footage... I'd like to see more of the tip up spool in the video.   Just curious how much the tip up moves when a fish takes the bait.  Also the sound when the second pike hit.  Did you add that? Or was that the actual sound?
The only time I learn something is when I'm not talking.

Offline jdeboer4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2020, 09:53 AM »
Great footage... I'd like to see more of the tip up spool in the video.   Just curious how much the tip up moves when a fish takes the bait.  Also the sound when the second pike hit.  Did you add that? Or was that the actual sound?

That was the sound of the tip-up flag going up. It wasn't added. Interesting though, the tip-up was on a foam hole cover and not in direct contact with the surface of the ice, maybe even floating on a little bit of water. If I let video play long enough you'll hear my foot steps even though there was 5-6 inches of snow/slush/water on the ice.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2020, 10:56 AM »
That was the sound of the tip-up flag going up. It wasn't added. Interesting though, the tip-up was on a foam hole cover and not in direct contact with the surface of the ice, maybe even floating on a little bit of water. If I let video play long enough you'll hear my foot steps even though there was 5-6 inches of snow/slush/water on the ice.

Great video. Interesting that your footsteps were picked up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.