The board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Cadillac update?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline thefishfeeder

• IceShanty Rookie
Cadillac update?
« on: Jan 13, 2020, 06:23 AM »
What's current conditions at Cadillac? Most important ,how's the ice. I seen there was a storm just passed through. How much snow is there on the lake, roads. Thanks.

Offline jschragg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cadillac update?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2020, 04:39 PM »
Pilgrims village just posted on facebook that Cadillac is a little rough by shore but 30ft out is 5 to 7 inches. Storm wasnt as bad as they predicted.

I have a question for guys, is there an access site on the south side of Cadillac? Or are they all on the North side?  :tipup:
Keep your stick on the ice

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2020, 05:13 PM »
Pilgrims village just posted on facebook that Cadillac is a little rough by shore but 30ft out is 5 to 7 inches. Storm wasnt as bad as they predicted.

I have a question for guys, is there an access site on the south side of Cadillac? Or are they all on the North side?  :tipup:
There is a park on the  east end of it in town plus the DNR access site

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2020, 08:00 AM »
Was just there yesterday. Went to Mitchell. Snow was 5-6 inch drifts. With some spots .5-1 inch. Machines been cruising around.  Not sure how much snow. We check lake Cadillac at kenwood, we decided not to go with really soft shore lol
East end by launch, like scout2 said. They call it the slabs, old houses or wood got pushed in long ago. It's hit miss there, but there is always fish there somewhere! Have to get on the edges.

Offline swidnica

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2020, 12:37 AM »
It's unfortunate that these lakes in Cadillac have good ice now for two months while lakes that have fish in them are not safe yet . 

Offline Dinosaur1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2020, 08:49 PM »
Fished Mitchell over the weekend. There was a lot of open water on Cadillac on the 15th so didn't go there. Fished behind the bait shop. Schools of 4" perch. Everyone I talked to had the same luck. Went off of the scout camp and marked fish but not even a nibble. Saturday high wind and heavy snow kept us home. Sunday sunny and high wind but the snow was deep and had created a layer of slush uder the snow in a lot of places especially near shore. Walking was difficult. One small gill was our day. Marked fish but no takers. Tried everything we had. Talked to others out on the ice and it was the same story. Hope the bite picks up soon.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.