The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: scum  (Read 2415 times)

Offline SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
scum
« on: Jan 09, 2020, 04:48 PM »
did my good deed for the day and picked up the remnants of a 30pack scattered across the ice at a well known location. people are scum and if the owner of the garbage is reading this please leave your address so I can return it back to you through your windshield.

Offline PenguinIII

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: scum
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Well done , one bad egg makes us all look bad. Thank you for taking action.

Offline RickC

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2020, 05:50 PM »
I've picked up about 4 packs of butts off the ice this year so far. Pisses me off. And I'm a smoker

Offline Dschofield91

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have an Ice day!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2020, 06:04 PM »
I don’t know what makes certain individuals think this is okay to do. I’d like to think people on IS are better than this. Thank you for cleaning up.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2020, 06:20 PM »
Don't feel alone! We have PIGS here in NY also that trash the parking lots, private properties and mostly the ice.I always carry a plastic bag with me and anything I find I take back and throw it away.Then these lowlifes have the nerve to complain all over that the parking lots and places they once had access to are closed off.Cigarette butts are the worst, you bring them in with you onto the ice, so whats the big deal taking them back off the ice when you go???

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2020, 06:45 PM »
One of the lakes I ice fish has a pit style bathroom and somebody threw a whole case of beer bottles in it .
Some people are just brain dead.

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2020, 07:27 PM »
As someone who smokes and enjoys a beer on the ice, I always pack out. Butts go in the can, can goes in the trash. Don't ruin the beauty of a frozen lake.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2020, 07:32 PM »
Hasn’t anyone ever heard of “field stripping” a butt, or is that a lost art these days?
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2020, 08:11 PM »
Hasn’t anyone ever heard of “field stripping” a butt, or is that a lost art these days?
Enlighten us?

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2020, 09:16 PM »
Good job picking up the trash. I did the same this morning on a trail head but the dummy left his address on mail that was thrown out with the 3 bags of trash hopefully he gets more then a slap on the wrist. Shame on anyone for drinking Busch spend the extra buck or 2 and get Budweiser

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2020, 09:36 PM »
It seems the practice of carry out what you carry in or on is a lost art to some. unfortunately see it everywhere. Ice, Chu, Canal, etc. Nice
job picking up after a scum ball.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline Sam Gee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2020, 06:00 AM »
What you bring on the ice you take off the ice, it's just that simple. Leave nothing but holes.

Offline ctownfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2020, 07:27 AM »
Thank you for your help keeping our reaources clean and open to for use. My crew and I always pack out any traah we find left. And we adhere to principle I was taught back in 1992 on NOLS. (National outdoor leadership school, spent 35 days above the artic circle in the Noatak range of alaska). Simply states it is " leave no trace". That means if you walked into my camp today and I was there yesterday you would never know. No food, litter or even patted down grasses that got rearranged before we left.

As sportaman and stewards of the land its our duty to try and help.

Flags up!
Ctown

Offline striper50trout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish hard, live long!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2020, 08:04 AM »
Good on you for picking up this scums trash. I see so much trash saltwater fishing, all the bottom fishing spots are loaded with bait boxs, coffee cups, fishing line, etc.  It really is sad. This is how places get shut down, there are a few spots i wish they would close

Offline striper50trout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish hard, live long!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2020, 08:05 AM »
Thank you for your help keeping our reaources clean and open to for use. My crew and I always pack out any traah we find left. And we adhere to principle I was taught back in 1992 on NOLS. (National outdoor leadership school, spent 35 days above the artic circle in the Noatak range of alaska). Simply states it is " leave no trace". That means if you walked into my camp today and I was there yesterday you would never know. No food, litter or even patted down grasses that got rearranged before we left.

Flags up!
Ctown

👍👊

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2020, 08:21 AM »
I was a drunk years ago but guess what.i still picked up my beer cans and garbage.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2020, 08:43 AM »

Flags up!
Ctown

Thats good stuff Dave but tell everyone what you do with a smooth rock?!!?

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Nice job T!

Scum will be scum.
Just add water.

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2020, 11:24 AM »

Believe it not I was taught this in one of my college courses. 

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2020, 11:37 AM »
I don’t know what makes certain individuals think this is okay to do. I’d like to think people on IS are better than this. Thank you for cleaning up.

Kudos for a good deed!

I doubt that the beer-swilling turds are members here, since it would require some level of intelligence and integrity, which that scum obviously lacks.
Maybe, depending on how regularly the scum visits that body of water, a hint could be passed on to the local PD regarding public drinking and likely DUI.

I don't want to rat out the responsible drinking anglers, just the trashy scum.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline Rangerboats391

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:15 PM »
most of us where taught the same way ( no trace that we were there, leave it better than you found it) :thumbsup:

Offline city slicker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 10, 2020, 02:28 PM »
I / we pick up idiots crap all year long, summer winter don't matter.
Just slobs  , old balls of fishing line on the shore gets my goat big time.  I go out of my way to remove it.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 10, 2020, 02:30 PM »
NIP bottles are what I tend to find the most.  I know ME added a deposit on them bc the trash issue was getting so bad.  I'd like to see MA do the same.  Stretch of river on the west branch of the westfield I picked up 80 nip bottles in like 40 yards.  90% of them were fireball.
westernmas on the finder

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2020, 02:58 PM »
NIP bottles are what I tend to find the most.  I know ME added a deposit on them bc the trash issue was getting so bad.  I'd like to see MA do the same.  Stretch of river on the west branch of the westfield I picked up 80 nip bottles in like 40 yards.  90% of them were fireball.

Nasty and NASTY. lol
Just add water.

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 10, 2020, 03:37 PM »
I picked up a 24 pack of empties from the shore of a pond where the locals are trying hard to block fishermen access for just that reason.
To add insult to injury, I didn't notice the cans were all infested with little red ants. I left them in my car overnight and for weeks afterward I had ants crawling all over the inside of my car.

Offline wardo888

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 10, 2020, 05:23 PM »
I just don’t get how leaving sh*t like that on the ice or ,for that matter ,anywhere besides inside a trash bag doesn’t bother some people. It is probably my entitled generation of millennials. Good work on doing the right thing.

Offline ctownfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2020, 05:22 AM »
Thats good stuff Dave but tell everyone what you do with a smooth rock?!!?

Trying to give away all of the dirty little secrets jon.  It only really applies when above tree line Anyways. Just make sure the rocks are smooth...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.