New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Time To Take The Pledge!  (Read 4112 times)

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
Re: Time To Take The Pledge!
« Reply #60 on: Dec 31, 2019, 06:34 AM »
I do so solemnly pledge to leave the great outdoors cleaner that how I found it whenever I am out and about.
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Dec 31, 2019, 06:46 AM »
Every year we see a bunch of threads about trash and such left on the ice.

Once again I'd like to suggest that we all "Take The Pledge" to carry a trash bag with us when we go on the ice..... for our own and what we find from others.

What an outstanding example to set!

Repeat after me;

I promise to take a garbage bag with me on the ice and to pick up any trash I see.

I promise!
RG

I do this almost every time I go out on the ice. Always seem to be cleaning up after someone.  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Durls

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Dec 31, 2019, 11:28 PM »
I promise to take a garbage bag with me on the ice and to pick up any trash I see.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Jan 03, 2020, 06:16 AM »
yes , I am in .  Will pick up trash on the ice and also  in Parking areas where the non- fishing public sees the mess too.

My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #64 on: Jan 03, 2020, 07:09 AM »
someone left a minnow bucket ......was a accident  and i know the guy so no big deal but  over the last few years i have found alot of property and i try to return it ...keep a eye out

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #65 on: Jan 03, 2020, 12:29 PM »
I just chuck trash in my sled and empty at home. No need to waste a plastic bag.

Especially when they charge for them now  ;)
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline tipup63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 04, 2020, 08:17 AM »
Always have, always will. Promise! If I didn't I would have been pickin dads size 12 out of my back side. Good times!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.