Author Topic: eskimo evo 1it  (Read 681 times)

Offline ojibwa6

• IceShanty Rookie
eskimo evo 1it
« on: Nov 14, 2019, 11:30 AM »
I got rid of my Otter Lodge because it just got too heavy weighing 120 empty. I've been debating all summer on getting a evo1it weighing 59. I like the fishing room in it I'm ready to pull the trigger and would appreciate any input from owners who have used it. I move a bit but not a run and gun. how is it in the wind, how is it setting up and tearing down to move etc.?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: eskimo evo 1it
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2019, 12:02 PM »
Use the Search Function ..lots of good informational posts from the past

Home Forum Help Search Profile My Messages Members Logout
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline bmaher287

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2019, 12:38 PM »
I have an Evo 2iT that I bought last season. I really enjoy fishing out of it. The fishable area is pretty tough to beat in my opinion. I was debating between the 1 and 2, but went with the 2 for the 2nd seat and more room.

I did not have any issues with the wind as long as you angle the back of the shelter towards the wind. I imagine the 1 would be easier to beget out of the wind since there is only 1 hub as opposed to 2.

I can have my evo 2 set up in a few minutes. If you plan on using the anchors, the eskimo anchor installation tool with a drill makes setup very quick and easy. Overall I have been very pleased with the shelter so far. Hope that helps!

Offline iceman70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2019, 12:41 PM »
I bought it a couple of years ago, and I have mixed feelings about it. First off I love the room and it sets up and takes down very easily and quick. The design is very good. But it’s made in China and the quality is not what it should be. The first one I bought right out of the box was a lot of quality issues With the stitching and had to be returned. The next one was fine until you use it, the Velcro on the windows is stronger then the stitching and when you go to open the windows you have to be careful that you don’t rip the tent. Such a shame this could be one of the best ice fishing tents out there if it was built with some quality

Offline alaska mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:18 PM »
I have fished out of my evo1 for one season now. No quality issues, seems to be well built. Before that I fished out of the otter lodge for a couple of years. But I was mostly by myself, lots of room, but got tired of fighting the wind. The eskimo still needs to be staked out in the wind but handles the wind much better.
Any day on the ice with little to no wind, is a darn good day.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:42 PM »
2 years ago I picked up a Eskimo Quick Flip 2. It's a bit heavy. So, I started looking at the Evo 2. But according to the specs it is heavier than the quick flip 2. Guess I'll keep the QF2 and wax my smitty sled skis. The QF2 pulls easy on ice, just not through snow.
jbird68

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:49 PM »
I like my EVO1IT and have used it for a year now (used about 10X).  I've had no issues with quality although the tub plastic seems a little thin.  Put the coffee table hinges with skis and its easy to pull out, easy setup and take down.  The seat is heavy, but can be removed.  I've tricked mine out pretty good.  Its mainly a one man unit, but you might be able to get two guys in it (kid for sure).

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2019, 03:52 PM »
I have never owned one of the evos a buddy has one tho likes the room not the move time tho. I have owned a few hubs from Eskimo tho and have never had any issues other then when I got caught in a horrible snow storm the dropped 16” in less then 16 hrs.and a couple poles broke but called Eskimo told them what happened had a whole hub set at my house 2 days later. No cost.
I bought it a couple of years ago, and I have mixed feelings about it. First off I love the room and it sets up and takes down very easily and quick. The design is very good. But it’s made in China and the quality is not what it should be. The first one I bought right out of the box was a lot of quality issues With the stitching and had to be returned. The next one was fine until you use it, the Velcro on the windows is stronger then the stitching and when you go to open the windows you have to be careful that you don’t rip the tent. Such a shame this could be one of the best ice fishing tents out there if it was built with some quality

Really the stitching on the windows ripped when you undid the Velcro? Find the one to be a fish tale. Just sayin
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.