Author Topic: Spiked Beer  (Read 1696 times)

Offline BlueSnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
Spiked Beer
« on: Mar 29, 2019, 06:46 AM »
On my last trip out for the season we were sitting in the shanty to get out of the wind and I had my beer on the ice next to my chair.  I grabbed the can to take a swig and the beverage felt slushy.  I'm thinking to myself that it isn't cold enough for this to be happening and spit the beer onto the ice along with the two spikes that had fallen in after I had baited.  I guess it wouldn't' have been bad but these were late season, mostly fly or  deflated, black and nasty spikes.
Blue snow is better than yellow snow

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Spiked Beer
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2019, 08:37 AM »
Better than a cigarette butt or dip spit!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2019, 12:27 PM »
We put a chub in my buddies beer. He had some clear bottle kind so he could see it. He drank the beer pretending he didn't notice. When he got to the bottom he holds the chub up, goes "watch this aholes", and eats the frickin chub.

Years ago, my wife was getting a piece of pizza and when she grabbed the little leftover cheese, an onion flew off of it, through the air and right into my bottle of Pepsi. That Pepsi was almost undrinkable it tasted so bad.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline catskills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2019, 12:54 PM »
Better than a cigarette butt or dip spit!

I want to gag just thinking about when i've done both of those things

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2019, 10:17 AM »
Many (many) moons ago there was a 24 hour truck stop we'd often head to after the bars closed. My order was always the same: cheeseburger, fries and a bowl of chili.

I think someone had an issue with our "condition" and when my plate/bowl arrived my fries were very well done and included a number of deep fried moths and other insects. Unfazed I lit into the burger, chili and fries. Waitress stopped back for the usual "how's everything" with a bit of a smirk. I'd already sort of segregated the largest insects so I selected the biggest one, popped it in my mouth and crunched it up. I then thanked her for the special order of fries with the remark I'd never tasted better as I crunched through the rest of them.

Looked like she was gonna puke...  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2019, 12:02 PM »
I got drunk up in Lake of the Woods a few years back. To celebrate my first 40", I enjoyed a Bloody Mary and used a Lamprey  we took off it's cheek as a stir stick.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.