Author Topic: Hit the big lake today  (Read 962 times)

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hit the big lake today
« on: Mar 14, 2019, 06:37 PM »
Fished with a great bunch of people yesterday on winni everyone got a laker or two but me. I missed two hits and got plenty of fun sized yellows. So I went back today for a quick redemption trip. Drove an hour fished for two and drove home. Walking wasn't terrible. Bounced around a bit and marked a few fish. This one hit a tiny tungsten jig head with a green paddletail.

Every fish is a good fish!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Hit the big lake today
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:05 AM »
Nice work Digs. I am driving up 3 hours in the pouring rain tonight after work for just a few hours of fishing tomorrow. I too am hoping to get on some fish.
Just add water.

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:49 PM »
Nice work, how was the ice surface?  I'm heading up Sunday to fish and trying to decide between a sled or a wheeler?
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2019, 05:50 PM »
Nice work, how was the ice surface?  I'm heading up Sunday to fish and trying to decide between a sled or a wheeler?
Yesterday wasn't that bad. The snow cover got soft throughout the day. I saw a wheeler pulling a shack and it looked like it was struggling a bit. Today in Madison it was a sloppy mess. Supposed to get cold tomorrow night again and not be as warm Sunday so hard to tell.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2019, 05:55 PM »
Nice redemption trip bud!
You count your years by the Winters.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:12 PM »
Nice redemption trip bud!

Thanks! I plan on hitting winni a bunch next week if anyone is around. I'll be out pretty much from 10 until 2.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:16 PM »
Damn! Ive been back to work and contributing to society since the 4th or Id be all over that!
You count your years by the Winters.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:44 PM »
Damn! Ive been back to work and contributing to society since the 4th or Id be all over that!
I've got until the end of the month until I start to contribute to society regularly. Until then fish on

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:51 PM »
Way to try again. Walking will be easy after today. Good luck out there. I haven't even jigged up a laker this year been busy chasing wp and other species.
Salmonemia

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Way to try again. Walking will be easy after today. Good luck out there. I haven't even jigged up a laker this year been busy chasing wp and other species.
I haven't gotten any winni whites this season yet hoping to get on them soon.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2019, 10:25 PM »
I am up here now and its a bit sloppy. About 15" black with 4" of wet slop but definitely manageable. Ill be using the wheeler tomorrow. Went on a foot.mission an hour ago to set my cusk traps and saw some vehicles out there. Hoping to get into some whites and lakers tomorrow.
Just add water.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2019, 08:03 AM »
I am up here now and its a bit sloppy. About 15" black with 4" of wet slop but definitely manageable. Ill be using the wheeler tomorrow. Went on a foot.mission an hour ago to set my cusk traps and saw some vehicles out there. Hoping to get into some whites and lakers tomorrow.

Good luck!

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2019, 07:00 PM »
Hit the big lake today, bounced around a bit with a buddy.  4 Lakers (cookie cutters) we're jigged up and a White.  The fish needed a little finesse today to find them.  We drilled a lot of holes and had the Bird & Vex in overdrive.  Nothing taken on Smelt, Shiners or Sucker.  Great day overall travel was good for either a wheeler or a sled.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.