Author Topic: Love Your Auger!  (Read 426 times)

Offline whitetips

• Team IceShanty Addict
Daryl Bauer
Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
http://neblandvm.outdoornebraska.gov/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Offline Snitch#8

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • As Always, Take Care and Stay Safe!
Re: Love Your Auger!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2019, 10:24 AM »
Yes, I love my Jiffy as well.  I retired my old Jiffy.  Actually, I gave it to a Veteran that didn't have an auger.  Before, giving it away I purchased a new Pro4 and I love it just as much, if not more, then my old Jiffy.  I purchased a new Jiffy because I got tired of mixing gas, gas leaking all over the place, and the fact that I had to pull the rope four or five times to start it.  Yes, it is fact that it always started and never let me down!  Since buying my new one, I have had it four years now, I relish pulling the cord twice and hearing it come to life.  After the initial start, I only have to pull once!  It purrs just like the old one did and cuts through the ice like a hot knife to butter.  Do I miss my old Jiffy?  Not at all!  I do think of it on occasion and reminisce about all the good times we had together.  Actually, my Dad purchased it in 1972 and I cannot begin to guess how many holes it had drilled and how many fish were iced, while we owned it.  I haven't spoken to the gentleman I gave it to, but I would bet that it is still cutting holes and making memories!

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.