Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Spirit Advice  (Read 649 times)

Offline Pomona

• IceShanty Rookie
Spirit Advice
« on: Jan 28, 2019, 08:25 PM »
Hey everyone, I need guidance if you will. We are to head up to the Webster SD area on Feb 7 however, they have a ton of snow. I know the area pretty good as my son and I have been several times, we usually get the fish figured out. My concern is getting around up there with pick up only. So, I am working on plan B and Spirit lake is in my radar. I have called the local bait shops up there and they said people are getting around pretty good, curious
if anyone can conform that. We will get the fish figured out hopefully, however some pointers might not hurt. Mainly gonna target perch, but  those yellow bass look fun! Thank you and stay warm!!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Spirit Advice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2019, 01:58 AM »
They have not had much snow at Okoboji.   You should be able to get around with just a pickup no problem. Any snow that is on the ice should go down this weekend with the warm up and any rain they get.

Chasing yellow bass and perch are not mutually exclusive. The yellows only bite good until maybe 10am. Chase them from 6-10am and then go after perch. Good luck.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.